This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Join Our Mission
The Sellafield site is one of the most iconic nuclear sites in the world and the birthplace of the UK's nuclear industry. We have supported national defence, generated electricity for nearly half a century, and the environment now sits at the heart of our purpose. With 100 years of work ahead of us, we are yet again at the forefront of developing innovative solutions, through setting international standards in high hazard nuclear waste management.
Come join and contribute to Sellafield's exciting new era in leading the way in creating a clean and safe environment for future generations.
What will the Successful Candidate be Doing?
You will be joining an experienced team within the Project Delivery Directorate and will be responsible for setting the project execution strategies, with accountability of a cross functional project team delivering the project scope safely and to budget and timescale.
You will have responsibility for managing the full scope of projects ranging in value from £30m - £170m.
The projects are diverse, no problem is ever the same, and every project comes with a wide variety of technical challenges. You will work on a rotation, which will allow opportunity to work on the UK's biggest construction project, in operational nuclear facilities and on remediation projects - cleaning up the environment for the future.
We have defined career pathways with tried and tested methods allowing career progression and professional development, meaning you will have a wide variety of opportunity for coaching, mentoring, training, and qualifications to be obtained. We are also one of a very small pool of employers in industry to be an APM accredited chartership assessor, allowing us to internally progress chartership applications.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality, company procedures, policies, legislative, regulatory requirements.
- Managing project in line with Gated Process.
- Developing, maintaining, managing, reporting and trending an accurate project baseline.
- Accountable for performance of project; controlling scope and cost to the agreed project baseline.
- Maximising with the project the use of Learning from Experience and disseminating new LFE to the relevant functions.
- Developing and conducting visual management of project.
- Implementing and maintaining the project and supporting functions interfaces.
- Providing accurate and timely information and reports regarding the project status and activities.
- Identifying risks and implementing effective risk mitigation strategies.
- Implementing and maintaining effective integrated project execution strategies and plans. 18
- Implementing and maintaining effective communication to the project team and engaging and influencing stakeholders.
- Managing within Commercial strategies.
- Meeting the specified project functional criteria.
- Leading, coaching and supporting the delivery team to ensure that the project delivery fundamentals and required company practices are implemented and complied with.
- Assigning and maintaining competent project team members and acting promptly to address industrial relations and HR issues.
- For timely and accurately communicating their team related performance, issues/ concerns, and risks.
- Maintaining the competency of their relevant team members by identifying and facilitating delivery of appropriate training and role assignment.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Degree educated in relevant field
- APM PMQ or equivalent professional qualification
- ChPP accreditation
- Proven capability of developing and delivering an execution plan with a value of £30m - £170m
- Proven track record in project delivery experience
- Exhibits demonstrable leadership behaviours in line with Sellafield's purpose; safety and security, integrity, ambition and inclusion.
- Exhibits demonstrable leadership qualities in providing vision, motivation and inspiration, setting high standards and expectations, leading by example and holding the Integrated Project Teams to account.
- Proven capability of building relationships and leading formal communications/negotiations with customers, supply chain, and stakeholders.
- Supporting the wider project profession and willingness to start mentoring colleagues
What's in it for you?
At Sellafield Ltd, we are committed to supporting our employees in fulfilling their potential. With having 100 years of work in front of us, we offer comprehensive training and development opportunities, enabling you to feel inspired in your role. Whatever area you join us in, you'll find a genuinely exciting and rewarding career.
Making sure our employees feel supported is important to us. Therefore to help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we also offer a range of employee benefits:
- An attractive combined pension contribution scheme of up to 20%
- You will benefit from an annual bonus, made up of company and personal performance.
- 25.5 days annual leave rising to 30 days in April 2024, plus 8 bank holidays. You will also have the option to buy up to 3 additional days.
- The ability to carry over 5 days annual leave each financial year.
- Paid Sick Leave.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity
- Family Friendly Policies - Visit our Rewards & Benefits page to read more.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Lifestyle Benefits sasra.co.uk
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Reward & Recognition Policies
- Welfare & Employee Assistance Programme.
- Free Aviva Health App & Annual Health Check
- MyDiscounts - Employee Savings & Discounts
- MyBenefits - A Charity Giving Scheme
- Many, many more!
Sellafield is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and has a proud vision of Diversity & Inclusion that aims to attract candidates into an inclusive and supportive workplace. We are honoured to be recognised as a Level 3 Disability Confident Employer, and we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.