Sub Project Manager
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Join Our Mission
The Sellafield site is one of the most iconic nuclear sites in the world and the birthplace of the UK's nuclear industry. We have supported national defence, generated electricity for nearly half a century, and the environment now sits at the heart of our purpose. With 100 years of work ahead of us, we are yet again at the forefront of developing innovative solutions, through setting international standards in high hazard nuclear waste management.
Come join and contribute to Sellafield's exciting new era in leading the way in creating a clean and safe environment for future generations.
What will the Successful Candidate be Doing?
You will be joining an experienced team within the Project Delivery Directorate to support on the delivery of a range of key projects ranging in value up to £30m.
You will have responsibility for managing full cycle of smaller projects or will be supporting the Project Manager and Senior Project Manager on task delivery of aspects of a major project.
The projects are diverse, no problem is ever the same, and every project comes with a wide variety of technical challenges. You will work on a rotation, which will allow opportunity to work on the UK's biggest construction project, in operational nuclear facilities and on remediation projects - cleaning up the environment for the future.
We have defined career pathways with tried and tested methods allowing career progression and professional development, meaning you will have a wide variety of opportunity for coaching, mentoring, training, and qualifications to be obtained. We are also one of a very small pool of employers in industry to be an APM accredited chartership assessor, allowing us to internally progress chartership applications.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering fit for purpose work in a safe manner to meet or better the project baseline cost, schedule and quality requirements.
- The effective use of the Project Delivery fundamentals and required company practices.
- Developing and executing effective execution strategies and plans in line with the overall project strategies and plans.
- Ensuring the relevant project risks are identified and managed/ mitigated as appropriate. This includes regular monitoring of the residual risks.
- Managing the quality, schedule and cost for the sub project scope to the agreed baseline.
- Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality company procedures, policy, legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Applying an appropriate level of priority for safety and quality to ensure that Nuclear Safety is not compromised by delivery.
- Maintaining effective communications and executing the project strategies within their team.
- Leading and coaching their team to maximise their efficiency and effectiveness to deliver fit for purpose work safely to meet or better the project baseline cost, schedule and quality requirements. Maximising their teams Learning from Experience, disseminating and input of LFE across all project stages.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Degree educated in relevant field
- APM PMQ or equivalent professional qualification
- Proven capability of developing and delivering an execution plan up to £30m
- Proven track record in task/ project delivery experience
- Exhibits demonstrable leadership behaviours in line with Sellafield's purpose; safety and security, integrity, ambition and inclusion.
- Exhibits demonstrable leadership qualities in providing vision, motivation and inspiration, setting high standards and expectations, leading by example and holding the Integrated Project Teams to account.
- Proven capability of building relationships and leading formal communications/negotiations with customers, supply chain, and stakeholders.
- Supporting the wider project profession and willingness to start mentoring colleagues
What's in it for you?
At Sellafield Ltd, we are committed to supporting our employees in fulfilling their potential. With having 100 years of work in front of us, we offer comprehensive training and development opportunities, enabling you to feel inspired in your role. Whatever area you join us in, you'll find a genuinely exciting and rewarding career.
Making sure our employees feel supported is important to us. Therefore to help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we also offer a range of employee benefits:
- An attractive combined pension contribution scheme of up to 20%
- You will benefit from an annual bonus, made up of company and personal performance.
- 25.5 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays. There is also the ability to purchase 3 additional days
- The ability to carry over 5 days annual leave each financial year.
- Paid Sick Leave.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity
- Family Friendly Policies - Visit our Rewards & Benefits page to read more.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Lifestyle Benefits sasra.co.uk
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Reward & Recognition Policies
- Welfare & Employee Assistance Programme.
- Free Aviva Health App & Annual Health Check
- MyDiscounts - Employee Savings & Discounts
- MyBenefits - A Charity Giving Scheme
- Many, many more! Click this link to visit our Rewards & Benefits page
Sellafield is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and has a proud vision of Diversity & Inclusion that aims to attract candidates into an inclusive and supportive workplace. We are honoured to be recognised as a Level 3 Disability Confident Employer, and we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.