Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Why this job matters
You will provide financial direction, control and support to the Network Services leadership and Finance team in delivering robust financial plans, controls and reporting. Specifically, you will partner with the Network Services Finance Team to ensure that as a team the Network Services Leadership are supported in delivering critical Networks and objectives. You will be closely integrated with the Finance teams across Networks, and the Network Services Leadership team. Each of these areas will require strong financial partnership to underpin the transformation journey that they are on and ensure we have robust and accurate financial reporting and forecasting.
You will bring the right financial tools and framework for identifying and assessing financial performance, providing insight and analysis, and bringing the appropriate level of challenge to the teams to ensure the right outcomes for the performance of Network Services.
What you'll be doing - your accountabilities The skills you'll need to succeed
* Lead on the Network Services Balance Sheet
* Responsible for cashflow management and cashflow forecasting of Network Services (Normalised Free Cash Flow c. £(2.3)bn per annum)
* Working with the Finance Business Partners of Network Services to effectively manage the Working capital for Network Services
* Responsible for undertaking key control activities to help to ensure that the Group requirements are met
* Manage and drive the monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated reporting for Network Services, through effective collaboration with Finance Shared Services.
* Own the consolidation process for the monthly cash reporting and outlook for Network Services, facilitating the communication of material risks and opportunities identified by finance business partners
* Ensure monthly management reporting information is provided in a timely and accurate manner to Network Services leadership team to inform strategic decision making within Network Services
* Drive effective behaviour within the Network Services units of the use of Finance Shared Services and Finance COEs
* Support the development of the offshore colleagues who collaborate closely with the role
* Translate complex financial outcomes to senior financial and non-financial stakeholders through both oral and written communication. Ability to tailor message to the relevant audience, distilling key messages without losing the appropriate level of detail
* Strong time-management skills. Able to prioritise and plan effectively across multiple deliverables and stakeholder requirements
* Business partnership and consulting - You strategically nurture relationships with key decision makers by helping them navigate critical business changes and address complex issues in their businesses.
* Financial analysis and insights - You own relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and use them to identify and understand new and upcoming trends in financial reporting that will impact the business. You identify ways to develop standards and procedures in order to remain compliant.
* Forecasting, planning and budgeting - You share your understanding of best practice forecasting, budgeting and scenario modelling methodologies. You explain the key drivers, risks and opportunities behind the budget and forecast plan to stakeholders and link the story to our strategy.
* Management reporting - You champion reporting best practices, simplification and rationalisation. You make sure that our reporting supports and informs the operational needs of our business and links to our strategy.
* Executive presence - ability to have cut through clarity in thought and communications.
* Leadership - ability to engage, motivate and manage organisational change with empowerment and vision; whilst acting as a role model of appropriate behaviour and challenges others to meet the same standards. Future oriented with ability to weave outside thinking with internal knowledge to drive teams towards collective success.
* Be agile - You manage and implement improvements to the work environment and ways of working. You implement collaborative working practices and continuous improvement.
* Growth - You are continuously learning and have a growth mindset.
Leadership accountabilities Experience you'd be expected to have
Looking In - Leading inclusively and safely
Looking Out - Commercially savvy
Looking to the Future - Growth Mindset * Fully qualified accountant
* Experience of cash management would be beneficial
* Demonstrable professionalism with a proven ability to operate in a complex, fast paced matrixed business environment.
* A track record of effectively influencing stakeholder requirements.
* Strength of driving a customer centric approach in all financial processes.
* Experience of financial management and delivery of improved financial performance.
* Strategic capability and commercial awareness.
* Collaborative approach to problem solving.
* This role would suit someone who is proficient in excel, has strong written and verbal presentation skills and a keen eye for detail
LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.