Senior IT Engineer with OKTA
Nexus Jobs Limited
4th December 2023
£45000 - £60000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.Job Description
Senior IT Engineer with OKTA
Our Client seeks a Senior IT Engineer to support the employee population, analyze current systems and assets, recommend and implement solutions and upgrades, and provide IT related training.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of network maintenance and experience managing staff. Knowledge of the Art industry is a plus.
From day one, the Senior IT Engineer will have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of the IT operations, and an ongoing impact on it's overall growth.
Purpose of the Role:
- Lead large IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
- Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative
- Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems administration
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software
- Track and maintain hardware and software inventory
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
- Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes
- Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT
- Supervise daily operations of network and server infrastructure
- Align IT infrastructure with current and future business requirements and goals
- Evaluate risk, develop network recovery and backup processes
- Assess and purchase new and replacement hardware
- Test, troubleshoot and adjust information systems to operate effectively
- Implement security of the network, data and its storage and communication systems
- Ensure network components meet business needs and work together seamlessly, using the full range of capabilities, and stay informed about new features and competitive solutions
- Train employees on both software and hardware, troubleshoot, and provide technical support when needed
- Develop and execute disaster procedures, and maintain data backups
- Manage information technology and computer systems
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Proven working experience as an IT Manager or relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Expertise in data center management and data governance
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years experience in IT management
- Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
- Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
- Experience across different software solutions, including: desktop operating systems (MS Windows, MacOS), server operating systems (MS Windows, Linux), cloud-based technologies (Google Workspaces, AWS, SD-WAN), SaaS solutions (Okta SSO, Dynamics365, Microsoft365), mobile (iOS, Android), backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring
- Experience across different hardware solutions, including: Cisco Switches/Routers, Meraki/Palo Alto Firewalls, Meraki Wireless Access Points; Cisco Unified Communications.
- Expertise with implementing, configuring, and testing solutions
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong creative and analytical thinking
- Professional certifications preferred (i.e. A+, Network+, CCNA, MCP)
The position is based in Central London.
The salary is competitive and will be circa £45K - £60K.
Please send your CV to us in Word format along with your salary and availability.