SC/DV cleared Electronic Design Engineer - INSIDE IR35
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
An Electronic Design Engineer is required for an initial 6 month contract. This is a hybrid role with 1 to 2 days per week on site in Bristol the rest working remotely. Please note that this role is inside IR35 and will require working via an FCSA accredited umbrella company.
The specific role incumbent will develop an electrical control system that will be used to control the hydraulic flow through a positional valve. A design is to be produced that replaces an existing legacy product. Completing the design will involve:
* Generation of all circuit schematics that support production
* Enclosure design that meets Environmental Requirements and EMC
* Creating Test Plans & procedures to meet Functional Testing and Environmental Qualification
* Hands-on development work and later testing of the designed equipment
* Ensuring the technical drawing pack and supporting documentation is up to date.
* Reviewing documents and drawings for accuracy and errors.
Required Skills and Experience:
Experience with electrical systems on submarine and/or surface ships would be an advantage, but general electrical, electronics (and occasionally software capability) and the willingness to learn and take on new challenges would also be suitable.
* Good, broad, electronic engineering knowledge.
* Engineering degree (or equivalent qualification) in relevant engineering discipline, with significant demonstrable experience.
* Experience working collaboratively in multi-discipline teams to deliver activities on a range of project types.
* Demonstrable experience in covering a variety of tasks across a range of complexities.
* Good communications skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines.
* Experience of Relay Logic and Analogue Control circuitry.
Skills which would be an advantage:
* Familiarity with Safety Integrity Levels and BS EN 61508 (desirable).
* Assessment of Availability, Reliability and Maintainability Requirements (desirable).
* Hydraulic control system experience (desirable).
* Familiarity with AutoCAD Electrical for generating and checking electrical circuit diagrams (desirable).
* Experience of Document Management Systems - ideally Teamcenter and Vault (desirable).
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks. LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.