This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Project Engineer - Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
Competitive Salary + Company Pension + Healthcare + Car Allowance + Progression Opportunities
Are you a Project Engineer from a Mechanical or Chemical Engineering background with experience in Process or Production Plant projects and looking to advance your career by gaining valuable and specialist experience in the field of Renewable Energy with a company that leads the way in their area of industry?
This company specialises in the production of biogas through the process of anaerobic digestion at a large number of sites across Scotland. Now that they've established themselves as the leading producer of renewable fuels in Scotland, they're starting to go through the next phase of their growth which has seen them open up additional offices in London to support their growth into England as well as into other territories such as Europe and the USA. They are also beginning to expand into other areas of Renewable Energy such as Solar PV and Wind.
In this role you will be fully involved in the design, scoping, management and monitoring of projects from inception until handover to the operations team for one of the company's major process plants. You will be working closely alongside key people such as Project Managers, Engineering Leaders, H&S Advisors and suppliers/contractors to ensure that projects are delivered on-time, in-budget and in compliance with QHSE requirements.
The ideal candidate be educated to Degree level in a relevant subject such as Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry or Mechanical Engineering and will have at least 2-3 years' practical experience in a similar position. A PRINCE2 or similar project management qualification will be highly advantageous, and a strong ability to work as part of a team will be essential.
This is a great position for someone who wants to kickstart their career in the Renewable Energy industry by joining a fantastic global company that is going through a period of rapid expansion where they can benefit from continuous opportunities for technical and personal development.
* Working with Project Engineering Team Leader & Project Managers to scope/design new projects
* Implementing and monitoring strong tender strategies for sourcing contractors and suppliers
* Forecasting and monitoring costs, advising on potential changes to predictions
* Assisting in development and implementation of commercial strategy for projects
* Ensuring appropriate skill base to deliver projects while managing and supporting site team
* Monitoring project progress from inception to handover
* Maintaining risk register to highlight risks, give early warning and implement corrective plans
* Working closely with H&S team to implement specific Quality plans & to monitor adherence to this
* Preparing specific HSE plans for projects
* Verifying commissioning progress and appropriate testing is witnessed prior to handover
* Continuous improvement work across sites
* Educated to Degree level in relevant subject e.g Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry
* PRINCE2 or similar qualification (advantageous)
* Minimum 2-3 years' experience in similar position
* Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise with different parties involved in projects
* Full UK driving license
Reference Number: BBBH207977
To apply for this role or to be considered for further roles, please click "Apply Now" or contact Stuart Goble at Rise Technical Recruitment.
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd acts an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.
The salary advertised is the bracket available for this position. The actual salary paid will be dependent on your level of experience, qualifications and skill set. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates.