The IPO is a modern organisation which depends on its IT services to operate and innovate effectively. In order to provide up to date services to our customers both nationally and internationally systems need to be developed, improved and maintained. You will have the opportunity to work on the latest cutting edge cloud technologies, use modern delivery processes and work on innovative projects, some including the use of AI and ML. Working alongside experts in their fields you will have the opportunity to make valuable contributions without compromising on quality.
You will need the appetite to learn new technologies and methodologies for delivering high quality IT services. In this role you will work within a multi-disciplinary squad using several technologies to build enterprise grade services. You will be expected to be proactive and take accountability for assigned deliverables. The role will also require the investigation, diagnosis and fix of any system issues. A Senior Developer is expected to contribute to the technical strategy for the department.
- Has been a key player in delivering technical solutions as part of a large projects
- Excellent understanding of C#
- Experience in Web Services and/or RESTful APIs
- Experienced with modern delivery models such as Scrum and Agile
- Has a good understanding of architectural principals with design patterns such as SOA and Micro-Services
- Experience of working with cloud technologies including Azure
- Working knowledge of Azure DevOps
- Experience with Git
- Experience of writing SQL statements
This role will be carried out in-line with IPO Hybrid working arrangements where staff are currently expected to spend at least 20% of their time working onsite from one of our offices. This role is based in our Newport office.
Please note that the frequency of workplace attendance for IPO staff is currently under review and may be subject to change.
- Unlimited Pluralsight video learning access
- Access to Microsoft's ESI training suite
- Pension: 27.1% - 27.9% employer contributions
- Hybrid working with no core hours
- Substantial support for career progression
- 25 days annual leave moving to 30 days in annual increments
- You will also get 8 days public leave and 1 day privilege leave
Job ID: 3289705