Lead Engineer - Features Control
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Responsible for the design, delivery and validation of model-based control functionality to implement customer facing Chassis Features, the Lead Chassis Features Control Engineer will work closely with the Chassis Features Team, and multiple Actuation System Teams, to provide prototype control functions for proof of concept, and industrialised control functions for production vehicles.
You will be required to co-ordinate all activities required to define, architect, prototype, deliver, calibrate, test, document, and maintain control functions across multiple ECUs in accordance with internal Quality, Functional Safety, and Systems Engineering processes. The role will require you to interface with many stakeholders including the Feature Teams, HMI Team, System Owners, Network Architects, and Software Delivery Teams.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Leading the delivery of prototype and production control functions distributed across multiple ECUs to implement customer facing Chassis Features.
- Working with the Chassis Features team to support the validation of concept features at the customer or vehicle level.
- Defining control system architectures that support the Feature requirements.
- Implementing control functionality in MatLab Simulink and Stateflow in accordance with internal and industry standard guidelines.
- Specifying and co-ordinating the delivery modifications to control functions to meet program requirements, improve system performance, improve quality, and to align with changes being made to interfacing systems.
- Leading the definition of detailed functional , diagnostic and software requirement specifications and ensuring traceability to higher level feature or system requirements.
- Working with downstream software teams to plan and execute the industrialisation of control functions as software code.
- Planning and co-ordinating validation and verification testing at Feature, Function, and Software Component levels.
- Liaising with Feature, System and Attribute Owners to ensure control function calibrations meet the needs of all parties and are delivered in accordance with the software build schedule.
- Working with ECU teams to ensure that host platforms support the functional and timing requirements of chassis control applications.
- Ensure that Systems Engineering process deliverables are created and maintained (e.g. Requirements Decks, Architecture Diagrams, Failure Mode Analysis documents etc).
- Supporting Functional Safety and Cyber Security analysis of control architectures and identifying mitigation strategies to meet system safety goals.
- Creating and maintaining system documentation.
- Support internal customers with documentation and technical assistance as required to successfully build, calibrate and test vehicles equipped with chassis control applications.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Experience of model-based control function development in MatLab Simulink.
- Prior experience of leading model-based software delivery for safety critical systems in accordance with a quality management process.
- Knowledge of vehicle networks, ECUs, fault monitoring strategies, diagnostic routines and electronics.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related subject.
- Proven project management experience.
- Experience with following software applications; MatLab Simulink, Vector CANape & Canalyzer, dSpace ControlDesk.
- Experience of installing and using vehicle instrumentation and data logging equipment
Contact Name: Land Rover Jaguar
Job ID: 3289275