A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
AVA (Associative Vehicle Architecture) - The Identification, Creation & Embedding of CAD Automation in order to improve the efficiency, quality and Compatibility of Geometry and Engineering for JLR.
The Role is to lead the development of AVA CAD models, improve the efficiency, quality delivery and speed of the Zone Integration teams delivery through the identification, specification and creation of AVA CAD models. Lead both CAD and non-CAD engineers in scoping AVA Systems and Models. Provide Engineering direction and CAD knowledge, with an ability to take Engineering Requirements and transfer them into AVA models and toolset. The ability to write and modify scripts to support CAD Automation model development. The role also includes coaching and supporting Graduates, Apprentices and Engineers new to JLR CAD in AVA CAD model creation.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Lead the identification of new opportunities for automation of geometry creation (as AVA models)
- Assist CAD engineers and non-CAD engineers in defining the information required to produce AVA models.
- Create and Manage delivery of AVA models to AVA standards and best practice within given timelines.
- Have the ability to liaise with all levels throughout engineering, across all disciplines, in order to deliver CAD automation.
- Ensure appropriate user documentation for AVA models is delivered to project timings.
- Mentor CAD engineers in correct use of AVA library models.
- Support AVA strategy
- Identify training opportunities, support delivery through appropriate methods.
- Identify potential Reusable Feature models (Powercopies / UDF's) and deliver to the business.
- Pro-actively look into current and new Technology (software/hardware).
- Identifying opportunities for time and cost-effective verification of Engineering Requirements.
- Manage supporting project trackers, updating documentation as required.
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Strong capability in the creation of CAD automation (AVA) in CATIA V5 and 3DX
- Strong capability in using AVA tools in CATIA V5 or CATIA V6
- Strong ability in the use of VB, CATScript & EKL
- Strong ability to interpret 2D sketch into 3D digital form.
- Experience in Microsoft Office software.
Contact Name: Land Rover Jaguar
Job ID: 3289220