Senior System Engineer - Propulsion Control Systems
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are looking an experienced Senior System Engineer to join our Powertrain department and support in JLR's ongoing transformation into a skills-based company and the continued development of Electrified Propulsion systems. This role will help shape the future company strategy by providing expertise in delivering new features for the development of control system design along with embedding best practice in everything we do by developing methods, processes and tools. As a part of the team, you'll have the opportunity to be involved in the development of future projects and support the development of electrified future at JLR programmes.
As the Senior System Engineer, you will lead the development of new features at the logical and system level, including system architecture, and requirements in a model-based environment and contribute to the development of tools and methodologies used to improve the system design processes.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- In a model-based context, take the lead in developing new features at the logical and system levels, including system design and requirements.
- Ensure that feature needs are addressed by working with internal and external teams.
- Assist in the creation of approaches and tools for streamlining the system design processes,
- Assist in developing the team's world-class expertise in system design processes by mentoring and coaching other team members.
- Present challenges with assurance and clarity, offer feasible solutions, and regularly update all stakeholder levels on the status.
- Use vehicle data analysis to spur advancements.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Electrical Systems Engineering experience including understanding of systems engineering V model.
- Experience with vehicle electrical systems and/or features
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written, with the ability to quickly understand and articulate complex issues.
- Experience of requirements management in tools such as Dassault TRM or IBM DOORS
- Strong systems thinking and analytical skills.