Cell Engineer - Commodity Delivery
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are actively in pursuit of an accomplished Cell Engineer, poised to play a pivotal role in advancing our Commodity Delivery realm. This individual will be instrumental in supporting the development & delivery of the next-generation batteries for EV application.
Your mission? To work as part of the Cell Team in Powertrain Engineering. This is a diverse team with a range of backgrounds including Chemistry, Engineering & Computational Modelling. The team works on all levels of cell maturity including concept, programme delivery, validation & quality.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Work on the next-generation HV batteries by working with the leading cell suppliers
- Use your cell expertise to help drive business decisions
- Deliver TCDS (Technology Creation and development System) & PCDS (Product Creation and development System) projects to support commodity delivery
- Create & release engineering-based evidence reports demonstrating compliance with Legal Regulations & attribute requirements
- Support troubleshooting of battery issues in BEV programs including 8Ds and Failure Mode Analysis
- Manage a complex variety of change requests across multiple programmes, prioritising work appropriately within the wider business context.
- Support research projects leveraging the ‘High-Value Manufacturing' Catapult collaboration with academia and Subject Matter Experts
- File patent applications to protect new and innovative ideas
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Fundamental understanding of Lithium-ion cell working principles
- Strong IT skills with relevant experience of using a variety of virtual engineering tools, with a focus on CATIA V5/V6 and 3DX Dassault tool
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex topics to a range of audiences
- Works well in a diverse team
- Possesses drive to learn and develop
- Experience in planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of requirements such as Product Creation Delivery System (PCDS)
- Electrochemistry or engineering background at degree level or higher
- PhD in Electrochemistry
- A high skill level in advanced CATIA tools, including AVA models, to efficiently complete tasks such as part design, parametric modelling, linear FEA and Electro-thermal CAE and Structural CAE
- A working knowledge of electrical systems and development processes, such as those used at JLR
- Previous experience of working with Universities and Research partners
- Experience in cell/module/pack design & testing
- Excellent understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Six-sigma and root cause analysis experience