Critical Concerns Engineer
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Critical Concerns Team reports to the Product Integrity Director who in turn reports the Product Engineering Director. The team is responsible for identifying issues related to JLR products where there may be an unreasonable risk to safety or compliance.
This covers vehicles in use with customers, within the retail network, within vehicle distribution and within manufacturing plants These issues are identified as Critical Concerns and the responsible Critical Concerns Senior Engineer leads the investigation with the person most knowledgeable within JLR.
The Engineer role provides robust and timely input into the Management and Escalation of Critical Concerns Process.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Administer the daily Critical Concerns (CC) start-up and closure review meeting.
• Loading new CCs to the Critical Concern database.
• Review CC Investigations for completeness and inclusion in the daily closure review meeting.
• Be a primary interface, for the Critical Concerns Department, with the Dealer Technical Support, Market Representatives and Product Investigation Organisations.
• Jointly, with the broader Critical Concerns' Team, engage in the methodical and robust progression of Critical Concern investigations, producing accurate records and working cross-functionally to drive prompt resolution by supporting departments.
• Develop investigation summaries, with supporting data analysis, for progression to the Product Safety and Compliance Committee (PSCC).
• In line with the department's customer focus, write responses to Critical Concern enquiries from global markets.
• Complete the closure process of applicable CC investigations.
• Ownership of the Priority Part Return process and tracking.
• Liaising with the Road Side Assist teams to ensure clear and robust information received in Quality Reports.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Experience of working in a customer facing part of an Organisation, with an understanding of considerations in respect of Product Liability legislation and "Communication Practices".
• A working knowledge of Quality Operating Systems processes, mapping and investigation tools and techniques.
• Vehicle systems integration, functionality, diagnostic or Telematics knowledge.
• Educated to degree level, in an Engineering or appropriate Science subject or closely related discipline is preferred.
• Evidence of excellence in team working, interpersonal skills and ability to present and articulate a clear point of view.
• Evidence of excellence in team working, "Clear Communication " of information using Word and PowerPoint plus problem solving and interpersonal skills.
• Proficient level of ability to structure, analyse and interpret data. (Six Sigma Yellow Belt ideally)
• AWS, IQM and Tableau knowledge would be an advantage.
Contact Name: Land Rover Jaguar
Job ID: 3288996