Senior/ Principal Overhead Line Design Engineer
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Senior/ Principal Overhead Line Design Engineer Yorkshire £45,000 - £75,000 + Company Bonus Scheme + Private Medical + Hybrid Working + More Excellent opportunity for a candidate preferably coming from the HV Transmission/Distribution sector where they worked in an overhead line design role or similar and is now looking to develop their specialist skills with a forward thinking multi-disciplinary consultancy that can offer further training and development opportunities within a positive and collaborative working environment. This could also be an opportunity for an experienced Structural or Civil Engineer with a wider utilities background who is looking to move into the Energy sector.This company specialise in the design, surveying, condition assessment and consenting of electricity transmission and distribution projects encompassing overhead lines and underground cables. They are looking to strengthen their electrical engineering expertise within this expanding sector particularly in HV underground cable engineering but also sub-station and OHL engineering. In this role you will carry a variety of responsibilities such as profiling, routing, load and strength, foundation design and conductor selection studies.The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in an overhead line engineering design service role or similar with strong competency an OHL specific software package such as PLS-CADD, Tower or Pole while having a strong interest in developing their specialist skills and benefitting from a positive working culture. This position could also be an opportunity to move into the Energy sector for an experienced Structural or Civil Engineer with a wider utilities background.This is a great position for a candidate who is looking to get their teeth stuck into a role with a fast-growing consultancy while benefitting from specialist development opportunities and a strong team culture.
* Operating the full suite of Power Line Systems design software packages including other applicable CAD packages.
* Undertaking design studies to scope, time and to a high quality in line with industry standards.
* Project management of ancillary design processes to design deliverables.
* Developing new design processes and tools to increase overall efficiency and quality improvements and to deliver novel engineering solutions
* Previous experience working in an overhead line design engineer role or similar
* Previous experience working in an engineering, utilities or civil sector
* Strong competency using overhead line specific software packages such as PLS-CADD, Tower or Pole
* Degree educated in Mechanical, Structural, Civil Engineering or similar
Reference Number: BBBH206462
To apply for this role or to be considered for further roles, please click "Apply Now" or contact Deniss Doncenko at Rise Technical Recruitment.
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd acts an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.
The salary advertised is the bracket available for this position. The actual salary paid will be dependent on your level of experience, qualifications and skill set. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates.