This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
JLR has an amazing opportunity for a Maintenance Technician to join our team in Halewood.
The role will work as part of the maintenance operations team to provide electrical / mechanical support to maximise production efficiencies and maintain all associated plant equipment and be responsible for first line response to requests / issues with equipment / processes.
You'll use your passion for engineering and maintenance to deliver a great customer experience while dealing working alongside different teams such as engineering, quality.
Please not that this role requires working on shifts and weekend, therefore flexibility is required.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Assist in the recovery of complex breakdowns.
- Participate in scheduled maintenance, break down response, lean improvements and permanent fixes while concentrating focus on bottlenecks/constraints.
- Complete and document Preventive Maintenance inspections on assigned line as assigned by the maintenance leadership team. Recommend and implement continuous improvement on equipment/systems design.
- Maintain a good working relationship with associates on all shifts within all departments, while supporting plant and departmental goals and vision
- Assist associates in area of responsibility on operations and technical understanding of equipment.
- Take part in housekeeping activities and validate effectiveness.
- Report and correct unsafe acts and conditions. Recommends corrective action when necessary.
- All other duties as assigned by management in order to support efficient plant operations.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- An indentured / modern apprenticeship or minimum level 3 qualification relevant for this role (Electrical, Mechanical).
- Ability to work on and test safely, different voltage systems including 24vdc, 110vac, 415vac.
- Understanding of relay logic control systems.
- Use of PLC's with at least Ladder logic understanding.
- Basic electrical installation skills, e.g. termination of industrial connectors, power sockets etc.
- Understanding and fault diagnosis of various motor types.
- Knowledge of various types of motor drives, AC, DC, Invertors.
- Understanding of encoders and positional systems.
- Thorough knowledge of various fault-finding methodologies.
- Ability to read and cross reference within Eplan electrical drawings.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of field devices such as limit switches, pressure switches and solenoid valves.
- Good knowledge of pneumatic / hydraulic systems (including the ability to read drawings)
- Welding, lifting / slinging experience.
- Understanding of mechanical bench work skills.
- Demonstrates our Creators' Code behaviours of Customer Love, Unity, Integrity, Growth and Impact. Continually working hard to deliver a modern luxury experience to earn and keep our customers' trust and loyalty. Embracing differences, being empathetic, welcoming challenges together empowering each other to deliver. Building trust by speaking openly and honestly, listening attentively, and treating others respectfully. Taking initiative and using failure as an opportunity to learn. We develop by giving + seeking honest feedback. Making a difference through our results. We innovate and never lose sight of what we want to achieve.
- A good team player who is able to work to predefined procedures.
- An individual with the ability to prioritise their workload.
- An individual with the ability to make timely decisions in line with agreed procedures and escalate as appropriate.
- An individual with a customer focused approach.