Subject Matter Expert - Climate Control Component
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
To be part of the Climate Control Core Team to support the programme delivery teams to roll out new and enhanced Under bonnet Climate Control Components across the various vehicle build programmes.
Subject Matter Experts (SME) are the key fact holders within the JLR business for a commodity or group of commodities. They are responsible for applying learning, developing the future direction of their commodities, maintaining good alignment to JLR business behaviours and striving to provide a high-quality service to customers.
For this role the SME will be creating and maintaining design standards, design rules and requirements for the Under-bonnet Climate Control Group.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Climate Control Pre-development team on introduction of New Technologies
- Long-term planning for key functional developments e.g New Refrigerant Introduction
- Reviewing and analysing Supplier responses during component sourcing for new programmes
- Working closely with the Climate Control Quality team to resolve Field Issues that arise.
- Working closely with the Programme Delivery Teams to resolve issues identified during prototype and production builds.
- Competitor benchmarking to understand best practices used in the market.
- Creating and maintain design standards, design rules and requirements.
- Delivery and maintenance of Design FMEA's
- Grade and EMC development and evaluation
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- A Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
- A good understanding of the operation of an Air Conditioning System, the components involved and the principles behind it
- Experience working within the Automotive Industry
- Knowledge of whole vehicle engineering and cross functional experience.
- Good working knowledge of JLR Product development systems and processes