This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
East Midlands (England), East of England, London (region), North East England, North West England, Scotland, South East England, South West England, Wales, West Midlands (England), Yorkshire and the Humber (travel to sites across England)
The Health and Safety Executive is Britain's national regulator for workplace health and safety. We're dedicated to protecting people and places, ensuring everyone can lead safer and healthier lives at work.
The new Building Safety Regulator (BSR) sits within HSE and is responsible for implementing a new regulatory regime and strategy for higher-risk residential buildings in England. The BSR oversees the safety and performance of the wider built environment, driving cultural change and increasing the competence of the building control profession.
We are now looking for a Resource Modeller to join our Operational Excellence Team within the BSR on a permanent, full-time basis.
- Salary of £40,778 - £46,783 per annum
- 25 days' annual leave, plus bank holidays and Civil Service privilege leave
- Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
- Flexible working options
- Family-friendly policies and working hours
- Competitive parental leave benefits
- Learning and development tailored to your role
This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented data modeller with experience creating and maintaining resource plans in an active operational setting to step into a vital role with our essential organisation.
You'll have the chance to be the driving force behind shaping a new culture of building safety and protecting future generations for years to come!
What's more, you'll discover a whole host of fantastic benefits to support every aspect of your personal and professional wellbeing, from flexible working policies to a range of tailored learning and development opportunities.
As a Resource Modeller, you will support the creation of a large-scale resource plan and a resource allocation process which encourages reviews and assumption testing.
Working at the heart of our new BSR, you will provide operational insight through resource planning, forecasting and assumption testing for our multiple operational workstreams.
You will also collaborate across operational and policy teams in order to ensure that they are adequately resourced ahead of any policy changes or peak regulatory time periods.
Additionally, you will:
- Conduct and provide statistical analysis to support the ongoing forecasting processes
- Test resource assumptions and ensure the resource approach is sufficient
- Present and explain model inputs and outputs to stakeholders
- Produce scenario and sensitivity analysis
Please note, during years one and two, you will be expected to proactively contribute towards establishing the operational performance workstream. From year three, it is anticipated that the framework will be fully established and embedded and therefore your focus will be more heavily based within validation, review and improvements to the resourcing approach.
To be considered as a Resource Modeller, you will need:
- Experience creating and maintaining resource plans in an active operational setting
- Experience using Microsoft Power BI
- Experience of working with and analysing data to help inform decision making
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, including experience with Pivot Tables, Excel Functions, Macros and basic VBA
- Strong analytical and numerical skills with a keen attention to detail
- Planning, co-ordination and organisational skills
- A degree or equivalent qualification in a numerical, IT or statistical discipline
The closing date for this role is 5.00 pm on 30th November 2023.
Other organisations may call this role Data Modeller, Forecast Modeller, Resource Planner, Resource Forecasting Modeller, or Operational Resource Modeller.
Webrecruit and Health and Safety Executive are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to seize the chance to make a meaningful impact on building safety as a Resource Modeller, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.