Lead Control System Engineer - Propulsive Torque
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are actively in pursuit of an accomplished Lead Control System Engineer, poised to play a pivotal role in advancing our Propulsive Torque realm.
This individual will be instrumental in developing and delivering a set of key Propulsive Torque software functions from control system requirements cascaded to the department.
Your mission? To provide technical skills to deliver core functions, and to follow and improve best practice in everything we do by developing methods, processes and tools. This individual will be tasked with the timely delivery of efficient and adequate control functions to achieve the required attribute vehicle targets.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of key Torque Management functions including future vision, architecture development, delivery of model-based design, test methods and documentation
- Assist in the testing of the SW components within the MATLAB MIL environment to deliver high-quality models to the SW team
- Contribute to the development of tools and methodologies to support the development of supervisory control systems
- Assist with the resolution of issues within key Torque Management functions to ensure the robust launch of products and respond to the feedback from the calibration team
- Coach other members of the team to help build a world-class capability in control system development
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Powertrain controls and software
- Experience in delivering complex supervisory systems, ideally vehicle and/or Powertrain systems
- Experience in developing control systems using MATLAB/Simulink
- MIL/SIL testing in MATLAB
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience in version control and task management software (e.g. Jira, RTC) and experience in working within an Agile / Scrum framework
- Experience of INCA/MDA, vehicle networks, data-logging and debugging on vehicles and rigs
- Delivery of Engineering and or analytical projects preferably within the automotive industry