SC cleared Network Management Systems Architect - INSIDE IR35
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A Network Management System Architect is required by our high profile client. This is a hybrid role 2 day per week on site in Bristol, 3 days remote working. Please note that this role is inside IR35 and will require working via an FCSA accredited umbrella company
This role will examine the current Network Management System for the communications network over the satellites and develop a programme the architecture to modernise and enhance the system. A background in Telecoms network management and understanding of current products and methodologies is essential, and any knowledge of satellite operations would be an advantage. The role will be responsible for specifying new Network Management Systems requirements with input from users, working with key suppliers to develop and implement a new management system for the UK Skynet network, and test and commissioning of the installed system.
Essential Skills and experience:
* Proven experience of the design and operation of telecom network management systems
* Demonstrable experience in the defence or telecommunication industry
* Understanding of change and configuration control process in the context of the Engineering Design Lifecycle
The following are all highly desirable:
* Experience with the MILSATCOM domain but not essential.
* Previous experience with a satellite network operator
* Knowledge of satellite Network management and configuration systems would be an advantage.
* Understanding of the ITIL model and TM framework
Skills and attributes
* Be conversant with the standards relating to the Systems Engineering discipline (e.g. ISO/IEC/IEEE15288)
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks. LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.