Cyber Security Engineer
*Outside IR35* Cyber Security Consultant - £600 - £700pd - 6 Months - Consultancy - London (Hybrid)
A leading consultancy, who have been providing services for over 30 years to clients predominantly in the Financial Services sector are searching for an experienced Cyber Security Consultant.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Deliver the technical and advisory aspects of the Managed Security Service across the customer base.
- Gather and understand requirements for Security projects.
- Perform requirements analysis following customer engagements.
- Design, architect, and deliver security projects.
- Engage with customers as to align with their businesses and make considered recommendations.
- Complete project time reporting requirements in a timely manner.
- Work and coordinate with other teams to implement security improvements.
- Perform ad-hoc onsite consultancy as and when required.
- Understand and consult with customers (and internal colleagues) on governance and compliance matters.
- Document and transition projects into support.
- Assist in resolving issues post-implementation.
- Develop an understanding of the key offerings from the security partners.
- Keep up to date with developments in the security field, especially significant new threats and emerging technologies.
- Hold one or more of the following: CISSP, CISA, CYSA+, Security+, CISM, CEH, Microsoft Security (SC-200, AZ-500, MS-500).
- Previous experience of working in roles such as Cyber Security Consultant or Senior Security Engineer, consulting clients (delivering workshops and reporting sessions).
- Technical knowledge and broad hands-on experience of working with security technologies such as the Microsoft XDR stack, vulnerability management tools (Nessus and Rapid 7), EDR platforms, SIEMs (Splunk / Azure Sentinel), etc.
- Previous experience of delivering security projects, including implementation and post-implementation support, providing guidance and support to customers throughout.
- Some exposure to enterprise networking and infrastructure technologies.
- Experience of overseeing and leading remediation of security assessments, technical testing, and vulnerability analysis including Cyber Essentials, Cyber Essentials Plus, and NIST CSF.
- Experience in incident response and overseeing improvement actions such as development and tuning of security monitoring, alerting, and reporting.
- £600 - £700pd Outside IR35
- 6 Months.
- London - Hybrid
Contact Name: Jamie Mumford
Job ID: 3288803