WORKING PATTERN: Our work style is hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week currently, or 40% of our time, at one of our hub offices.
The Software Engineering CoE sits in the Chief Technology Office. Would you like to work in an area that is at the cutting edge of technology in the bank? You'll work with Azure, GCP and other innovations and Architectural solutions.
If you love variety in your role then this will be a great fit. No two days are the same. There is excellent opportunity to get involved with interesting and rewarding work.
You'll have excellent opportunities to build a great internal network and develop an understanding of this exciting team and the activities they perform.
What will I do?
Solve challenges to accelerate adoption of modern engineering practices: Cloud, Open Source, DevOps, SRE, CI/CD. As a Software Engineer you'll play a pivotal role in the future of our product development, shaping the way we design, build, test and deploy using innovative technology.
We're on an exciting journey to transform our Group and the way we're shaping finance for good. We're focusing on the future, investing in our technologies, workplaces, and colleagues to make our Group a great place for everyone. Including you.
Specifically, we're looking for people who have...
- Analytical skills: Assess issues and attempt to resolve them by using logical thinking and research. Use analytical techniques to define and understand a problem, including feasibility, interface and SWOT analysis.
- Decision Making: Selecting the right course of action when determining ways to mitigate risk and enhance benefits.
- Collaboration: Working alongside engineering teams, product developers, management and other software professionals to ensure you can hold productive communications and facilitate ongoing discussions about scope/nature of projects
Technical knowledge needed
- Experience with Cloud software solutions and databases
- Good knowledge on software development life cycle, architecture and best practices
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it's why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We're disability confident. So if you'd like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual performance-related bonus
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days' holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Ready for a career where you can have a positive impact as you learn, grow and thrive? Apply today and find out more.
Contact Name: Lloyds Banking Group
Job ID: 3288749