This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This role is to support the operation of the new Structural Battery Test facility and be involved in its commissioning. The new facility is currently being built from ground up with state-of-the-art structural test facilities, combined with battery exercising capability. There is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team who run the facility, supporting a team of technicians through the installation, commissioning, and ultimate operation of the facilities alongside our Technology Development and Engineering teams.
This role is based within the Engineering Laboratories (EL) organisation, a collection of world-class, cutting-edge testing facilities. The department plays an integral part in physical Verification & Validation (V&V) within the JLR product creation and delivery system, directly influencing the delivery of the world's most desirable vehicles such as Range Rover and Defender. The job role requires effective operation, maintenance and development of the advanced workshop facilities and is essential in delivering robust test services to engineering functions.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Coordination of the hourly team to support efficient day-shifted test operations.
- Ownership of strain gauge laboratory activity to ensure quality output.
- Work closely with delivery team leads to ensure an integrated and collaborative approach to test programme delivery.
- Support continued area compliance to ISO45001 (H&S), ISO14001 (Environmental), IATF16949 (Quality) management systems.
- Support implementation, maintenance and continual improvement of facility 5S strategies.
- Monitor and leverage KPIs to demonstrate, manage and improve area performance.
- Facilitate processes to ensure B hourly capability meets area technical requirements including supporting recruitment, training and development for experienced associates, new hires and apprentices.
- Coordination the provision of local fabrication services, stock management and stores process support.
- Contribute to departmental reviews providing feedback on job status and issue mitigation.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience in a supervisory or group leader role.
- Experience & knowledge of workshop processes, equipment and tooling.
- Proven use of problem resolution and/or business improvement techniques.
- Knowledge of latest employment legislation.
- Knowledge of H&S (ISO45001) & Environmental (ISO14001) regulations.
- Excellent attention to detail & record keeping skills compliant to Quality Management System (IATF16949) requirements.
- Computer literate in relevant business software and Microsoft applications.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Relevant degree or supervisory/management qualification.
- Experience working with Electrical systems, HV / EV / BEV technologies.