Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer
What you'll be doing...
Technology is key to Riverford's success, and you'll play an important part in delivering our nationwide IT estate, which combines on-prem and cloud-based infrastructure. This is a technical role; you'll spend your time building, maintaining, and securing the IT infrastructure that underpins everything we do.
As a pivotal technical authority, mentor, and advisor, you'll co-own the design and implementation of infrastructure, spanning physical and cloud resources, networks, security, devices, and software. To maintain this critical infrastructure, you'll collaborate closely with the Infrastructure Team.
Finally, Riverford is committed to your personal development. Everyone in the team has 10% training time, giving you four hours per week to pursue your personal development goals. There is also access to conferences, training, and certifications, from technical qualifications to personal development facilitated on-site by high quality external trainers.
Permanent contract, 40 hours per week, hybrid working based out of Wash Farm, Devon, TQ11 0JU.
- Delivery of IT infrastructure (BAU and projects) to agreed standards, budgets, and where applicable timescales.
- Managing your workload and prioritising tasks to meet agreed timelines.
- Engaging in training and personal developing to ensure your knowledge and skills remain current and relevant.
- Contributing to a culture that enables and inspires your team and the wider business to succeed.
- Considering and minimising cyber security risk in the Riverford cloud and on-premises services.
- Completing tasks to appropriate standards, in line with company or industry expectations.
- Contributing to the development of appropriate quality standards and performance metrics for IT infrastructure at Riverford.
- Infrastructure-related support escalations, incidents, and emergency situations through to resolution, escalating to other teams and external third parties as appropriate.
Skills & experience...
An exceptional engineer with extensive technical expertise in some or all the following:
- Backups and business continuity
- Network engineering (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, VPN, SDWAN, and wireless)
- Desktop and Server Virtualisation (VMWare)
- Various Microsoft products including Azure, M365, Active Directory, and Windows Server
- Information security (AV, Firewall's, MFA & conditional access)
- MDM / RMM & monitoring solutions
- Experience of complex multi-site, hybrid (on-prem and cloud) IT environments.
- A logical and analytical thinker
Some experience of the following would be advantageous:
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS, WAFs, DNS proxies etc)
- Infrastructure automation/orchestration (Terraform, Ansible or equivalent)
- Hands on experience with security tools (vulnerability management, pen testing & SEIM).
- Highly organised and flexible - able to switch between solving complex technical problems one minute, to BAU support, strategic planning, or running projects of various sizes the next.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including clarity when talking and writing about technical topics for different audiences.
Work with us at Riverford, and join a thriving employee-owned business
- Be part of a friendly, supportive and ambitious team, who thrive on pushing the boundaries of technology!
- Lots of opportunities to learn, grow, and progress in your career.
- We'll give you an abundance of free organic fruit and veg, an annual tax-free co-owner bonus, and a bounty of benefits - including low-cost, home-cooked organic breakfasts and lunches.
More than just a veg box....
Riverford are mad about organic veg. It's at the core of everything we do. We love to grow it, pack it into boxes, and deliver it to around 65,000 homes across the UK every week.
This takes loads of brilliant people - and working here makes you a ‘co-owner', since Riverford is employee owned. Success means much more than just profits; we want this to be a place people enjoy coming to work, and a business our co-owners feel proud of!
Riverford is proud to be a B Corp; the certification for ethical businesses which work to benefit people and planet. In 2022, we were named one of the Best for the World™ B Corps! This means that our positive impact on staff scored in the top 5% of all B Corps of our size worldwide.
Riverford is a beautiful place to work, with lots of great people - and other perks too. Some of our benefits include: 33 days holiday pro rata (including bank holidays), 10% training time - we typically spend Friday afternoons reading whitepapers, writing funky code, and brainstorming weird new ideas. Additionally, we allocate an annual allowance for paid security training of your choice, as part of our PCI compliance process. Generous company pension scheme, annual profit share (10% of all our profits are split equally between all co-owners), heavily discounted organic breakfasts and lunches, paid volunteer days, free organic fruit and veg and free parking.
Job ID: 3288697