Powertrain Software Problem Resolution & Triage Lead Engineer
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
JLR is harnessing technology to make driving smarter, safer and cleaner. You can help create a world in which responsible, sustainable vehicles revolutionise the driving experience for generations. Our vision is to leverage the incredible potential of technology to build vehicles that not only offer a premium, all-encompassing digital experience, but that also make our customers lives better.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This is an excellent opportunity for a Powertrain Software Problem Resolution & Triage Lead Engineer to become part of the Powertrain era here at JLR.
Data acquisition is an integral part of this journey, and we are expanding the current problem resolution team to support the current and future requirements. The Powertrain Software Problem Resolution & Triage Lead Engineer will be responsible for managing issues raised in the (Integrated Test Plan) ITP process across the whole of powertrain.
The role will support the whole department in achieving the expect high level of robustness, by resolving issues as quickly as possible and ensuring prevent recurrence, promote data-driven engineering activities. You will report directly to the Chapter Lead responsible for Benchmarking, Loggers, DTC's and Integrated Test Plan (ITP), and will work very closely with the engineering, programme & manufacturing teams to ensure we meet the stakeholders' requirements.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Ensuring the team are completing the Level-Zero (collecting the necessary data like software part numbers, logger data, DTC's, & verbatims).
- Complete Level Zero Tasks yourself when required, include collecting data by connecting to networks or diagnostic ports whilst attempting to replicate reported issues, download the relevant supplementary diagnostic information, clarifying concerns directly with the originator.
- Triaging issues to the required area for resolution quickly and allocate tasks/issues to all the team members, effectively and efficiently.
- Measure the through-put of issues, allocation to the individual engineers, ensure we allocate as quickly as possible, assisting with all Level-Zero tasks.
- Ensure we complete the Level-Zero Tasks on each investigation and resolve all and any obstacle in this space. This needs to be continually measured as need to manage an off-shore team that deliver large parts of this task.
- Working with the expert areas of a problem and ensuring that they have the suitable requirements / targets and design verification test in place.
- Ensuring that issue resolver has a data dashboard, a suitable means to detect the issue and resolution provided.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Previous experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment.
- A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes.
- Experience in Powertrain systems and technologies including the development and delivery of vehicles into production.
- Natural problem-solver with a structured approach to problem-solving in a technical environment
- A full UK driving license with less than 6 penalty points, no disqualification, 2 years accident-free record
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office competency to produce plans, presentations, graphs, and documents
- Holds a customer first mindset- is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable.