Procurement Project Specialist - Sunbury - 6 months - 400 per day
Procurement Project Specialist
My Client a Leading Energy Supplier based in Sunbury requires a Procurement Project Specialist for a 6 month contract initially @ £400 per day (inside ir35)
Procurement Project Specialist
Candidate will be required to work within the procurement business facing team (BF team) within Customers & Products
- The primary focus will be on owning, creating and progressing procurement projects through to completion, by pro-actively seeking demands from the business stakeholders within a mix of indirect categories, including (but not limited to) MRO, Marketing and Logistics, and working with Category and Sourcing teams to meet the demand.
- A pro-active mindset will be required to secure input from the business on their spend requirements, by category, and create a full scope of work in-line with procurement requirements
- A drive for generating value for the business is a necessity - you will be required to make suggestions to the wider procurement team on how you could improve the value of each project, either through input into supplier negotiation plans and/or through discussion with the business on refining the scope of work to make it more efficient
- Responsibility to progress the requirement through the companies structured procurement channels, including creating demand in the relevant systems (SAP, COMPASS) and following up with the other procurements teams responsible for category strategy and sourcing & contracting activities
- A team mentality - working within the business facing team involves working with many other procurement teams to help them complete the projects you create, being able to communicate positively and clearly to diverse teams is essential.
- Responsibility to seek relevant budgetary approvals from the business once a value is assigned to a project (if a budget is not approved upfront or is not suitable for the project)
- Responsibility to report progress on the procurement projects regularly to a diverse audience utilising Power-Bi or in-built system reporting
- A good understanding of MRO / Engineered equipment concepts and CAPEX based procurement would be highly advantageous
- A general overview of corporate marketing strategy concepts would be a benefit, as would an understanding of complex logistics networks that include 3PL & 4PL sub-contracting agreements
- Being attentive to detail will be essential, scopes of work must be complete and correct first time
- Being fluent in French &/or German &/or Polish would be an advantage
- Flexibility to switch between different projects and be open to taking on alternative scope within the team to assist when necessary
- Being within commutable distance of Sunbury campus x3 per week
Note for recruiter: There is no actual sourcing / contracting / or category strategy development required for this role - the role is a supporting function that interfaces with the business to gather requirements then submits them to relevant procurement teams to progress via our procurement systems then introductory meetings / emails. The role is then following up to meet business deadlines and value requirements and reporting progress to our team & the business. Therefore, extensive procurement experience is not required, but a mix of procurement and project management would be ideal, but mostly enthusiasm to learn and interact with numerous people with the confidence to report out / present. Integrity to work independently and keep everything progressing without a lot of hand holding, but also leading collaborations and being happy to reach out to strangers and set up / lead calls with them to gather demand.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate would have a combination of a CIP's membership, or Supply Chain degree + a project management certificate
Key Skills: Project management, procurement
Contact Name: Eilidh Smith
Job ID: 3288469