End User Services Engineer
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This is an exciting time to join Cambridge University Press and Assessment as we transform our core IT systems to achieve our ambitious goal of delivering qualifications to 100 million learners worldwide. Your critical role will be to ensure our hard working teams based in Cambridge, the rest of the UK and internationally can make this a reality by applying your expertise in end user computing support.
We are Cambridge University Press & Assessment, a world-leading academic publisher and assessment organisation and a proud part of the University of Cambridge.
About the role
You will have the opportunity to add value on a daily basis, resolving business critical computing issues for end users. You will also be expected to build credibility with stakeholders through a customer-facing presence and tackle a wide variety of tasks such as providing technical meeting room support and desk assistance. There are also lots of opportunities for career development, contributing to projects to enhance the users experience through hardware and software upgrades.
This is a role that would be suitable for an experienced End User Services Engineer interested in taking on additional responsibilities with the potential to become a future leader within our organisation.
- Providing high quality support for all Cambridge University Press and Assessment staff accurately resolving and fulfilling incidents and service requests, both locally onsite and remotely.
- Taking ownership of incidents and service requests and acting on own initiative to ensure customer needs are fully met.
- Monitoring, creating and publishing KPIs on key SMEs areas.
- Liaising with multiple resolver groups, third parties and managers in order to ensure effective customer service delivery.
- Providing support for the customer-facing IT helpdesk pITstop and meeting rooms including planned weekends as needed inside of your weekly working hours.
- Creating and maintaining documentation on services and applications.
- Project work including; network, hardware, and system upgrades as required.
We are looking for someone to join the local team in Cambridge who are part of a wider team across the UK that provide an effective and efficient end user service across the whole of Cambridge University Press and Assessment. This is critical to the smooth running of our everyday functionality as the ability to deliver efficient support for our customers can mean the difference between success and failure in a time of heightened need, which impacts on organisational reputation.
- Desirable ITILv3 Foundation
- Desirable IT qualification, Microsoft, A+ etc..
- Desirable NVQ or A level or higher educational qualification
- Excellent time management skills
- Expertise with Desktop Services technologies
- Expertise with End User computing solutions and applications
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and mathematical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and able to act on own intuition
Multiple years' experience working in a End user Support Role, collaborative environment, customer focus environment. In depth experience in incident and request fulfilment processes
Extensive experience with end user technologies:
- Microsoft (Office) 365 Suite of applications
- Endpoint Manager / SCCM / Intune
- Ivanti ITSM Service Management Tool / Ticketing system (or equivalent)
- Windows Operating Systems
- Video Conferencing solutions - Polycom, Lenovo, Logitech, Surface Hubs
- Microsoft Teams & Call routing / Telephony
- Microsoft Exchange Online (or Premises)
- VDI Solutions - Citrix and / or Vmware
- In depth knowledge of IT end-to-end incident management including a knowledge of incident management tools and best practises. (Desirable)
- Proficiency in process formulation, process improvement and communication to others (Desirable)
The successful candidate will have the ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a fast paced environment, in order to do this they will need excellent attention to detail and a strong understanding of customer centricity and service orientation focusing on business satisfaction. They will be highly self-motivated and directed as well as?having their behaviours strongly aligned with the company's values of Collaboration, Innovation & Improvement, Openness and Responsibility
?If you would like to know more about this opportunity and what will make you successful, please see the full job description attached to the bottom of this vacancy on our careers site.
Rewards and benefits
We will support you to be at your best in work and to live well outside of it. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a world-class, flexible rewards package, featuring family-friendly and planet-friendly benefits including:
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private medical and Permanent Health Insurance
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Group personal pension scheme
- Life assurance up to 4 x annual salary
- Green travel schemes
We are a hybrid working organisation, and we offer a range of flexible working options from day one. We expect most hybrid-working colleagues to spend 40-60% of their time at their dedicated office or location. We will also consider other work arrangements if you wish to work more flexibly or require adjustments due to a disability.
Ready to pursue your potential? Apply now.
We review applications on an ongoing basis, interviews are scheduled to take place in the first 2 weeks of December.
Please note that successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory background checks including DBS due to working in a regulated industry.
Why join us
Joining us is your opportunity to pursue potential. You'll belong to a collaborative team that's exploring new and better ways to serve students, teachers and researchers across the globe - for the benefit of individuals, society and the world. Sharing our mission will inspire your own growth, development and progress, in an environment which embraces difference, change and aspiration.
Cambridge University Press & Assessment is committed to being a place where anyone can enjoy a successful career, where everyone has a voice, and where we learn continuously to improve together. Ensuring that everyone feels they belong is essential to who we are, and to the contribution we make to society and our planet.
We believe better outcomes come through diversity of thought, background and approach. We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and communities, actively seeking to employ people from a wide range of different communities.