Senior Solutions Architect
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Solutions Architect to join our forward thinking and progressive team based in DE&S HQ- Abbey Wood, Bristol, giving you a fantastic chance to form an integral part of our IM&IT (Information Management & Information Technology) function.
You will lead the architectural modelling of Defence systems to inform critical architectural decision-making, and you will lead on technical design of specific solutions to meet business requirements ensuring they meet agreed architectural principles and standards, responsible for managing a strategic approach to ensure that information and IT is secure, reliable, available, and managed in line with departmental and legal requirements.
We are recruiting into a very dynamic team which operates across multiple areas. You will be responsible for delivery at various levels, following a structured approach to enterprise architecture and design, to deliver projects and solutions in line with the strategic intent.
You will require pre-existing strong leadership and management skills to develop and maintain relationships and reputation with an operationally focussed and specialist stakeholder community. As such, the post of Senior Solutions Architect and is one of significant influence and requires an individual with the appetite for significant intellectual challenge who is prepared to deliver leading edge technical solutions at pace. You will also benefit from being part of a large community of IT Architects and IT professionals, where best practice and ideas are shared.
Please note, due to the nature of work, all posts are open to Sole UK Nationals only and the successful candidates will need to attain DV (Developed Vetting) clearance.
Whilst the role is flexible working, there will be regular onsite requirements at Abbey Wood plus travel to other customer sites across the country.
- Lead a team of architecture modellers and systems engineers on large scale projects to ensure high quality work is delivered that meets the needs of the business and required standards.
- Fulfil Primary Delivery Manager responsibilities for your direct reports.
- Ensure compliance between business strategies, enterprise transformation activities and technical directions, to ensure business needs are met and benefits are realised.
- Define the architecture modelling standards, policies and information exchange formats to support the business.
- Define and create multiple options of systems solutions to inform the decision of the most effective way of meeting business needs, whilst assessing associated risks.
- Conduct periodic reviews of DE&S implemented solutions and recommend changes and improvements.
- Work closely with the Business Analyst teams to capture the technical requirements to support solutions design and business change.
- Provide expert advice and guidance in the delivery of the IT Strategy and ensuring alignment with Business Strategies.
To be successful with your application, you'll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Experience in leading the design and implementation of IT Solutions, Architecture and Design.
- A Subject Matter Expert (SME) with TOGAF Practitioner and/or BCS Architecture Qualifications.
- A Subject Matter Expert (SME) in enterprise architecture & systems modelling using ArchiMate and SysML.
It would also be great if you can demonstrate any of the following desirable criteria:
- Degree in an IT related area or equivalent in experience
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Strategy, Architecture and Solution Design - Expert
- Development and Implementation - Practitioner
- Seeing the big picture CSBC 4
- Communicating and influencing CSBC 3
- 25 days' annual leave +1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King's birthday
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27%
- Annual performance-based bonus and recognition awards
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications
- Support for progression
- Huge range of discounts
- Volunteering days
- Enhanced parental leave schemes
We believe in creating an inclusive environment where our people can grow, thrive, and be their authentic selves. We value diversity of thought and the ways in which it enriches our culture and our work. So whether you're looking for a new opportunity, a next step, or a helping hand as you return from a career break, here you'll find a supportive, family-friendly organisation to be a part of. And if you need any assistance with your application, just let us know.