This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) are a key part of the SO Organisation delivering World Class Products that amplify our core brand values in Ultimate Luxury, Ultimate Sports Performance and Ultimate Capability. Our world class team is currently looking for an Engineer to complement our expanding team.
This is fantastic opportunity for the right individual to be involved in the creation of the ultimate and most expensive JLR products
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Lead and develop the seamless integration between design, development through to delivery within SVO Halo Projects.
- Be responsible and accountable for the delivery of the commodity.
- Deliver robust engineering using tools such as FMEA, DVA, GD&T.
- Deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time, including maintaining the Worldwide Engineering Release System (WERS).
- Own and deliver the Engineering Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) deliverables.
- Manage Change Request, expenditure forecasting and the relevant supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones.
- Manage the JLR and supplier rig test plans (including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign-off) and support Engineering test teams with rectification of issues.
- Resolve issues with component Engineering and Vehicle Attribute teams to develop designs that meet attribute targets
WHAT YOU NEED
You'll have experience of planning, coordination, delivery and reporting of requirements to support the Cycle Plan programmes using Product Creation Delivery System (PCDS) principles as well as a record of delivering technical products through a team, utilising strong people management and presentation skills. You will aid and assist with mentoring skills to pass on your experience to new recruits also.
You'll ideally have experience of delivering projects in an automotive or manufacturing environment and have proven ability to manage senior stakeholders and communicate at all levels. It would also be advantageous to have previous experience within Engineering /Manufacturing or Programme Planning departments.
- Experience of delivering JLR Engineering Programmes to PCDS.
- Knowledge of whole vehicle architecture, systems and commodities.
- Understanding of engineering deliverables required for JLR processes.
- Proven ability in WERS / AIM2 / RMDV / DFMEA