This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are looking for a CAE Analysis Engineer to join the Powertrain Units ElectroThermal Fluids CAE Chapter.
CAE plays an integral part of the units product development process and the successful candidate will work to ensure we have repeatable and robust processes to support digital development
Working as part of a large team of simulation engineers, using virtual techniques for simulating the thermal fluid systems within electric drive units, high voltage batteries and internal combustion engines.
- Undertake virtual verification of the PT units.
- Undertake design optimisation
- Apply 1D and/or 3D CFD Analysis techniques using standardised processes
- Support the Methods chapter to develop tools and techniques which enhance capability, improve quality and robustness of virtual models
- Support issue resolution and warranty activity as required.
- Liaise with all internal customers of our business as well as offshore operations where necessary
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Working knowledge and experience of Thermal Fluid CAE methodologies
- Previous experience and background in solving complex technical ideas and challenges
- Previous experience of electric drive units and internal combustion component / system level development using CAE to meet defined performance targets
- Previous experience of delivering engineering or analytical projects
- Competent in the use of explicit and/or implicit software and associated pre and post processing packages
- Experience in proposing product modifications to improve design