Compliance Monitoring Manager - Pensions
Wipro is looking for a Compliance Monitoring Manager with previous experience of compliance monitoring of retail investments or pensions. This is a new role which will be at the heart of the growth agenda for the organisation. The role will have a primary focus on leading the delivery of one of our core strategic deals, whilst also contributing to the wider development of our financial outsourcing services.
Wipro is a well-led organisation where innovation is our differentiator. We ranked as a "Top Employer" as part of the Top Employer Institute 2023 annual listings. We were assessed on several key HR practices including Diversity and Inclusion and Gender. This is accompanied by achieving solid business growth in the last ten quarters against a backdrop of high inflation and geopolitical turmoil.
We are an Insurance, Life Insurance and Pensions subject matter experts and advice provision and understand the insurance business from an end to end perspective - relevant lines of business, insurance products, processes, data used, systems, applications and infrastructure - all of the relevant technology landscape - including any third party suppliers and providers that the business is dependent on provision of analytical and problem solving; think 'out of the box' for improvements.
As a Compliance Monitoring Manager, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package and training & development in areas to help you improve.
As a Compliance Monitoring Manager you will:
- Design an annual monitoring plan to ensure all areas covered in frequency as to both regulatory expectations and client requirements
- Ensure above takes into consideration higher risk areas after discussion with senior management
- Design (or ensure designed) detailed monitoring programmes across all relevant areas and also ensure when regulations/SOPs change, such programmes are properly updated
- Liaise with such area as to when convenient and allocate relevant staff to complete (both UK & offshore)
- Review findings and ensure split between systems issues and actual regulatory breaches (then in line with other colleagues consider if breach so serious needs to be immediately reported to client and/or regulatory authorities)
- Investigate cause of all breaches & issues, suggest remedial actions and SOP/control enhancement
- Ensure all above discussed with management and report issued
- Ensure all follow up actions agreed and appropriately implemented
- Manage, mentor and train UK team & offshore Team
- Assist in client visits
- Previous experience of compliance monitoring (or external or internal audit if also covered regulatory requirements) of retail investments (and willing & able to quickly pick up pensions aspects if not covered before)
- Previous staff management experience including allocation of resources
- Expert regulatory knowledge and then how regulation applies across relevant business activities and oversight of such
- Ability to work without supervision and under pressure
- Efficient and well organised
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Credible and assertive manner
- Discretion, tact and resilience
- Professional manner with the ability to influence and persuade
- They must be a skilled communicator and able to deal with a wide variety of internal stakeholders and financial regulator
Standard of conduct is reasonable under all circumstances relating to
- Must act with integrity
- Must act with due skill, care and diligence
- Must be open and cooperative with the FCA and other regulators
- Must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- Must observe proper standards of market conduct
Wipro is an advocate for positive change and conscious inclusion. As a global employer, we strive to create a diverse Wipro family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, diversity, equality, and inclusion in the workplace. All applicants welcome.
Job ID: 3287446