Project Engineer - Manufacturing Technology Development
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
As a Project Engineer - Manufacturing Technology Development you will have the chance to work on research and technology development projects within JLR's Manufacturing Research Technology Development (MRTD) function, which focuses on four key research pillars: Electrification, ICE, Productivity and Factory of the Future. Your responsibility will work closely with internal JLR resources like Powertrain Manufacturing Engineering (PTME) process engineers and Powertrain research, as well as external partners such as universities and research and development organisations, to ensure that all deliverables are finished within the designated budget and time frame. This is a special chance to participate in and actively contribute to the ongoing propulsion transformation activities.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Work within cross functional teams to deliver MRTD projects, ensuring that all new technology opportunities are robustly evaluated at key stages during the technology management process.
- Identification and delivery of technology projects as directed by the Lead MRTD Engineer or PTME Off Cycle Manager, ensuring that all project objectives are achieved within time and budget constraints.
- Assist the Lead MRTD Engineers to contribute to the creation of Technology strategy and Business plans, including the development and status of Technology roadmaps.
- Provide the primary new technology interface for Product Development, and external research and academic organisations.
- Liaise with Academic, Research and Technology organizations in order to gather information on potential new technologies for evaluation and to create and maintain business partnerships where appropriate.
- Provide support to the Production Engineering teams and other Engineering Specialists to provide effective handover of technologies during the appropriate phase of Technology Creation and Delivery System (TCDS).
- Contribution to the definition of departmental and functional standards and protocols.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Master's degree level in an Engineering, science or maths-based discipline.
- Knowledge of manufacturing research technologies
- Experience working in Project Team environment.
- Good knowledge of MS Office Applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for continual improvement of process and technologies