Digital Communications Manager
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Reporting to the Senior External Communications Manager, the post holder will join our Social Media team which sits within External Communications.
This role contributes to the delivery of a substantial digital engagement programme guided by Intellectual Property Office (IPO) strategic communication priorities and those of our sponsor organisation, the Department of Science, Innovation and Technology.
The IPO is the agency accountable for intellectual property (IP) policy. It grants UK patents, trademarks,design rights, and educates businesses and consumers about IP rights and their benefit to business. It is also the government agency responsible for copyright policy.
This is an exciting time for IP, which plays a foundation role in enabling successful innovation and economic growth. Your input and creativity will help raise awareness and respect for IP among audiences that include the intellectual property community, SMEs, business advisors, academic organisations, industry stakeholders and consumers as well as protecting and enhancing the IPO's reputation worldwide.
This role will be carried out in-line with IPO Hybrid working arrangements where staff are currently expected to spend at least 20% of their time working onsite from one of our offices. This role is based in our Newport office.
The requirement for attendance at an office location can vary by role so we would encourage candidates to discuss working arrangements with the recruiting manager to agree a reasonable balance between working from home and the office.
- line-manage, develop and mentor our B2/EO grade digital communications team members in accordance with the IPO's values as a diverse, inclusive, brilliant place to work
- oversee, and contribute to the development of, engaging, shareable content for IPO's digital media channels, subscriber email bulletin and two blog platforms hosted on GOV.UK, including our blog partnership with BBC Dragons' Den. Co-ordinate and maintain our case study database and asset database
- work closely in alignment with our Strategic Communications, Campaigns, Creative & Print, Press & Media, Public Affairs, and Counter-infringement teams to deliver a seamless service to internal and external stakeholders. Acting as our digital ambassador, you will identify key opportunities for promoting IPO messages by choosing and engaging with appropriate partners
- write, commission and edit content that is engaging, timely and accessible and in line with the Government Digital Service (GDS) style guide. Provide editorial content where needed within the wider team including providing publishing assistance to GOV.UK via the Whitehall Publisher software when required
- contribute to campaign planning using the Government Communication Service (GCS) OASIS framework and SMART objectives, evaluating the effectiveness of digital communications activity
- identify innovative and creative ways of providing access to IP advice for businesses, including development and commissioning of creative digital content
- keep up to date with the digital landscape and emerging trends.
- A very generous pension scheme with 27.1% - 27.9% employer contributions. Further information around the benefits of joining the Civil Service can be found via the Civil Service Pension Scheme page;
- 25 days annual leave moving to 30 days in annual increments (1 day per year) over 5 years of reckonable service. You will also get 8 days public leave and 1 day privilege leave;
- The opportunity to form part of our many inclusive network groups
- A variety of support functions including our excellent Staff Counselling Service which is a source of support for all staff at the IPO
- A flexible working scheme which has no core hours and excellent opportunities for home, part-time and term-time working;
- Eligibility for special and office-wide bonus payments
- Excellent development opportunities;
- Opportunities for secondments, both internal and external;
- Opportunities to join many civil-service clubs such as the Sports and Social Association, Motoring Club (CSMA), which provide numerous discounts to members
When working at Concept House, Newport the following benefits are also available:
- Free car parking is available on site;
- On-site facilities including gymnasium, shop, restaurant