Senior Business Analyst
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
About this Role
As a Senior Business Analyst at the Intellectual Property Office (IPO) you will join an established and supportive community of Business Analysts and work across all areas of projects and service lifecycle. In this role you will work as part of an Agile multi-disciplinary squad alongside product managers, service design, data specialists, developers, and testers to deliver new internal and external services. You will be expected to be proactive and take ownership of analysis activities and deliverables including writing User Stories with acceptance criteria, modelling business processes, and contributing to three amigo/refinement sessions. You must be able to build strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels, demonstrating good leadership and collaborative working skills. You will need excellent presentation and communication skills, across a variety of situations and levels of stakeholders. You will work together with IPO colleagues, partner organisations and/or suppliers to ensure that approaches and outcomes are fit for purpose meeting business needs, user needs and IPO standards.
Within the Business Analyst Community, you will play an important role in establishing and promoting best practice and standards. You will support the professionalisation and maturity of the Business Analysis practice through peer support, tutoring and mentoring of others in the team. We are looking for enthusiastic people with a desire to pick up new skills in a fast-paced environment and are committed to delivering excellent services for our customers.
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals to join our IT team at a time where the IPO has set out how to help make the UK the most innovative and creative country in the world by:
- Delivering Excellent IP Services
- Creating a World-leading IP Environment
- Making the IPO a Brilliant Place to Work
- Background in Business Analysis with considerable knowledge and understanding of Business Analysis principles and techniques.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to bring clarity to business problems and shape business solutions.
- Considerable experience working in a software development setting with technical colleagues i.e. data, developers, testers.
- Comfortable working with individuals at various skill levels up to and including senior management levels.
- Experience of gaining consensus where there are strong differing opinions.
- BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis, or equivalent.
- Strong presentation and communication skills across a variety of situations and levels of stakeholders.
- Experience of developing BA best practice, standards and guidance.
- Experience tutoring and mentoring others Business Analysts
This role will be carried out in-line with IPO Hybrid working arrangements where staff are currently expected to spend at least 20% of their time working onsite from one of our offices. This role is based in our Newport office.
The requirement for attendance at an office location can vary by role so we would encourage candidates to discuss working arrangements with the recruiting manager to agree a reasonable balance between working from home and the office.
- Unlimited Pluralsight video learning access
- Access to Microsoft's ESI training suite
- Pension: 27.1% - 27.9% employer contributions
- Hybrid working with no core hours
- Substantial support for career progression
- 25 days annual leave moving to 30 days in annual increments
- You will also get 8 days public leave and 1 day privilege leave