Senior DevOps Engineer
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Aberdeen, Ashford (Kent), Basingstoke, Bedford, Birmingham, Bootle, Bristol, Buxton, Cardiff, Carlisle, Carmarthen, Chelmsford, Cheltenham, Crewe, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Leeds, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Norwich, Nottingham, Oxted, Plymouth, Sheffield, Wrexham, York
The Health and Safety Executive is Britain's national regulator for workplace health and safety. We're dedicated to protecting people and places, ensuring everyone can lead safer and healthier lives at work.
We are now looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join us on a permanent, full-time basis.
- Salary of £40,778 - £46,783 per annum
- 25 days' annual leave, plus bank holidays and Civil Service privilege leave
- Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
- Flexible working options
- Family-friendly policies and working hours
- Competitive parental leave benefits
- Learning and development tailored to your role
This is an incredible opportunity for an IT professional with expertise in cloud-based solutions to join our vital organisation.
You'll have the chance grow and develop your skills in Azure, playing a critical role in our development operations and driving your career to the next level.
With family-friendly policies, working hours designed for a balanced life and a great annual leave allowance and pension scheme, you can rest assured that every aspect of your personal and professional wellbeing will be taken care of with us.
So, if you're ready to be a catalyst for change, ensuring safety and excellence in a dynamic digital landscape, we want to hear from you!
As our Senior DevOps Engineer, you will deliver Development Operations (DevOps) Engineering for all our cloud-infrastructure services.
Delivering the DevOps Engineering support to major digital and technology services and change programmes transforming HSE, you will support the implementation of continuous integration and continuous deployment for services once live.
You will also ensure that new cloud-based technologies are secure by design and remain secure during operations, protecting our data and users from cyber-attacks and unauthorised loss.
Additionally, you will work with the development and test communities to automate our processes and implement new tooling.
Please note, you may be required to be on an on-call rota.
To be considered as our Senior DevOps Engineer, you will need:
- Experience implementing and administering cloud-based solutions in Microsoft Azure, utilising IaaS or PaaS based services
- Experience building and optimising CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps
- Experience using scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell, Bash)
- Experience creating and maintaining Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Bicep, ARM templates) in a source control management system
- Experience of managing the technologies of a cloud-based IT estate
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to convey complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
Other organisations may call this role DevOps Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, Application Developer, Application Programmer, or Development Engineer.
Webrecruit and Health and Safety Executive are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're looking for a new and rewarding challenge as a Senior DevOps Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.