Motion SW Integration Project Lead
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
As a part of the Motion System Integration team, you will be working within a multi-disciplinary team to contribute to the delivery of software and systems engineering for vehicle programmes meeting all defined targets on cost, quality and time.
The main activity for this role is to lead Motion integration compatibility reviews with stakeholders to understand dependency, software and tuning plans across the Vehicle Architecture.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Leading a cross functional team to deliver the programme content in a timely and efficient way.
- Managing Programme Direction Letter (PDL) responses, including resource requirements, vehicles, parts, facilities & instrumentation.
- Gateway planning, risk and change management for both virtual and physical gateways.
- Co-ordinating planning and escalation meetings, champion issues and generate recovery plans.
- Work with stakeholders to lead Motion Software Integration compatibility reviews to understand dependency and test plans across the vehicle architecture.
- Develop and maintain integration plans and schedules for Motion Pack Releases.
- Alignment of Motion SW release dates with vehicle programmes to map programme specific requirements.
- Responsible for Motion SW pack releases including integration of test results and release notes.
- Maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Supporting Squads/Chapters within the team and wider organisation to deliver against gateway requirements.
- Presenting project status and metrics at programme meetings, Vehicle Line Director's meetings and other programme reviews
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested.
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge and experience
- Significant experience of project management within Software & Systems Engineering environment.
- Some understanding of Automotive Chassis Systems
- Experience of Software complexity and compatibility requirements
- Extensive experience in the management of programme requirements and content.
- Some working within an Automotive OEM or large Tier 1 in a product development role.
- Significant experience in planning and delivery of complex multi-disciplinary projects in an automotive mechanical or electronics environment using a "Gateway" based process.