Senior Software/DevOps Engineer (fixed term contract for 12 months)
There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
The Analytics and Data Platforms team is looking for an experienced software/devops engineer to join our team in building a suite of next-generation cloud native applications. In this role, you will engineer and develop modern web/cloud technologies used by our Portfolio Managers and Quantitative Analysts to perform market analysis, develop trading algorithms and risk models.
Technology teams at T. Rowe Price are playing a key role in helping build the future of financial services, working hand-in-hand with business partners to create client experiences that are changing the way people invest.
As a member of this team, your work will directly impact Investments users like quantitative analysts, research analysts, portfolio modelers, portfolio managers, and traders and provide the foundation for future applications and tools developed by fellow engineers throughout Front Office Technology.
This is a hands-on role which provides an opportunity to solve complex business logic and technical challenges. As a key contributor throughout the entire development cycle, you will be required to think outside the box and bring cutting edge technology in-house.
- Run our AWS infrastructure with Kubernetes and Terraform
- Make monitoring and alerting alert on symptoms and not on outages
- Design, build and maintain core infrastructure pieces that allow scaling the Analytics Platform to support complex models processing large and diverse datasets.
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Enable improvement of the engineering team through shaping of tools, processes, and standards
- Work directly with technical users to collect and derive requirements, demo proof of concepts and finished features, and provide support
- Participate in all areas of software development: requirement gathering, software design, implementation, automated testing, release management and code reviews
- Experience working as a systems automation engineer with strong Linux experience and having responsibilities of Site Reliability Engineer
- Solid understanding of automation principles and programming experience coding in languages such as Python, Go, Ruby, and R
- Experience utilizing monitoring using Grafana and Prometheus, and log aggregators like Splunk
- Experience with CI/CD tooling similar to GitLab CI
- Strong understanding of Security, Monitoring and Performance aspects of cloud-native platform and application architectures
- Experience developing for and operating systems in AWS
- Have a desire to deliver quickly, iterating fast, and an urge to fix things if they are broken
- Understanding of financial markets and instruments and experience of front office software development with an Asset Management, Hedge fund or Investment Bank
- Experience with RStudio
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.
Job ID: 3287145