IT Support Analyst Engineer
Nexus Jobs Limited
£40000 - £45000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.Job Description
IT Support Analyst Engineer
Our Client is looking to recruit an IT Support Analyst Engineer with at least 3 to 5 years experience in IT Network and Support ideally from a banking environment.
Responsible for the support and maintenance of the IT infrastructure, and to provide IT support to staff and other group colleagues.
To assist in the response to service outages and other IT related problems as well as maintenance and upkeep of for security of the systems in place
To provide IT Support and assistance to branch staff concerning IT related matters in a timely fashion.
• Responsible for the maintenance of the IT infrastructure of the Branch by providing first line support of software, hardware and networking that incudes installation, configuration and troubleshooting. Support endpoint security standards (antivirus/firewall/patching/two-factor authentication).
• Manage day to day operational aspects of a project and scope.
• To assist the IT Manager in delivering various IT projects.
• End User Computing support for all staff.
• Coordinator between the London Users and Group IT Security on all requests for systems access and to ensure that such permissions are provided promptly, are regularly updated and that the Group Access Matrix Protocol is followed at all times.
• Preserve the Assets of the Branch by implementing Disaster Recovery and back up procedures and ensuring that the standards comply with Group requirements.
• Provide IT support to ensure the smooth running of daily and periodic reports for the London Compliance team to ensure adherence to the Anti Money Laundering Provisions .
• Undertake Data Extraction for reporting requirements for all the other stakeholders at the branch.
• To hold Administrator function for some of the systems housed at the Branch". Responsible for the granting of access and maintenance of system matrix Overall networking equipment monitoring (i.e. Network Switches, Firewall and other appliances) and support inclusive of the server room.
• To plan and carry out maintenance checks to ensure IT Operations, infrastructures are running smoothly and ensure daily routine task completeness.
• Manage inventory of computers, network equipment including tracking of purchased equipment and services.
• To maintain and ensure that the BCP site is always ready for continuous bank operations
• To maintain the branch PABX system and to ensure that the recording system is always up and running at all times.
• To perform monthly infrastructure test and report for Risk Assessment.
• Manage Incident Handling procedure (This includes monitoring as well as post -incident follow up
• Support the Branch operations as and when needed and any other tasks assigned by the General Manager of the Branch.
• To comply with all applicable FCA/PRA conduct rules. • Compliance with all mandatory training as set by the Branch/Group.
Bachelor or Master's degree or professional qualification in relevant discipline (IT/Information Systems/Computer Science/Technology/Programming/Information Science/System Engineering/Computing)
At least 3 years of experience in IT ideally in the Banking/Financial industry in-depth knowledge of and troubleshooting experience with Windows, Office applications and conferencing applications.
Technical/Functional skills - Proficient in common operating systems - Software proficiency - Networking (IT) - Proficient in programming languages - Project management - Data analysis Personal skills (Soft Competencies [Core/Leadership]) - Strong interpersonal skills - Strong written and verbal communication skills (in English) Strong stakeholder engagement
The position is based in Central London.
The salary will be in the range £40K - £45K.
Please do send your CV to us in Word format along with your salary and notice period for this exciting position.