Gasoline Engine Emissions Lead Engineer
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
JLR are developing the next generation of high performance, sustainable, low emission internal combustion engines and we are looking for an expert in gasoline engine emissions to join us. Within our team of performance and economy experts, you will be responsible for ensuring minimum possible emissions from our future engine programmes.
- This means you will:
- Have the opportunity to influence the hardware selection and strategies for emissions on all of our future world class engines;
- Be responsible for leading engine emissions hardware and attribute test methodology development across all our engine delivery programmes;
- Ensure testing is safely executed, high quality data is produced, analysed with integrity and the outcomes communicated effectively.
We expect everyone within our organisation to have a focus on continuous improvement, refining our processes for efficient delivery of value. To do this, it is essential that you have a strong background in gasoline engine emissions development, supported by a relevant degree and with prior testing and data analysis experience and knowledge.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with great interpersonal and communication skills with an aspiration to grow personally and technically. JLR will support you in this through training and personal development sessions with your line manager, mentor and many other opportunities to gain and try out new skills and knowledge.
- Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Responsible for engine level emissions development including hardware selection and target setting strategy.
- Planning and synthesis of experimental and analytical workstreams for engine emissions related topics.
- Ensure emissions related topics are conducted safely and support relevant technical reviews and lead issue resolution through established processes and standard JLR tools.
- Interface with customers across the wider JLR business efficiently and support emissions related research and development projects and drive the learning into JLR standards.
- Assess and approve the impact of emissions related legislation topics on behalf of the department.
What You'll Need
- Strong technical background with proven knowledge of engine engineering and emissions development.
- Comprehensive knowledge of gasoline engine emissions formation and technologies
- Knowledge of emissions standards and how these interact with engine hardware selection.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven experience.
- Able to prioritise workload and lead issue resolution either individually or as part of a cross-functional team.