This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This is where it all begins. We develop the new concepts that go on to become new Jaguars and Land Rovers. So, the emphasis is on building strong strategic, technical and financial foundations right from the start.
Jaguar Land Rover has made a major investment in new testing capability to ensure future Powertrain development can take place and meet the business requirement to develop new and exciting products. The team's function is to support Powertrain and Product Engineering in their objective of achieving ‘timely, quality' product releases through supporting the overall Powertrain 'cycle plan'. In doing so the team, and all individuals within it, are required to be responsive to their customer needs and requirements.
The role will operate across the facility conducting activities to ensure that the team has the capability to fulfil customer requests and ensure that those requests are optimised. The primary focus is on providing a point of contact to maintain the productive capability through strong personal technical leadership. You will be responsible for providing and maintaining common processes, and for ensuring that productive capability is maintained. You will also seek to improve operations by appropriate involvement in challenging redundant practices and using a flexible approach. The main activities need strong technical capability and require critical and analytical reasoning, robust planning and coordination.
As a Senior Technician you will be supporting a wide range of engineering customers, engineers, suppliers, external agencies and organisations to provide continuity of build / test activities in order that the facility and team's output meet the expected requirements. You will provide continuity of testing and assurance that the facility and output meet the requirements of established international standards for laboratory accreditation.
You will understand the safety precautions required when carrying out the setting-up and testing operations. You will be required to demonstrate safe working practices throughout in line with the Company's ‘Destination Zero' policies and will understand the responsibility you owe to yourself and to others in the workplace
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Ensure that the team provide the capability to satisfy customer requests, whilst anticipating and providing for future requirements
- Fault diagnostics heavily weighted on HV with respect to electric vehicles and powertrains.
- Responsible for ensuring that productive capability is maintained whilst providing and maintaining common processes across this and other JLR test facilities
- Improve operations by appropriately challenging redundant practices and using a flexible approach
- First- and second-line analysis and interpretation of test results to resolve faults on the equipment or related facility
- Reporting of data to demonstrate efficiency and effectiveness of the equipment.
- Training and mentoring of Apprentices, Fitters and Technicians as appropriate within the facility
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- An indentured apprenticeship or C&G, NVQ Level 3 vocational qualification in Mechanical or Motor Vehicle Engineering
- Functional Skills Level 2 or equivalent in English, Maths and Science
- Level 3 qualification or above in Engineering, Science, Mathematical or related discipline or ability.
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office and Excel competency to produce plans, presentations, graphs, processes, and SPL documents