Data and General Administrator
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: Data and General Administrator
Location: Salford Quays, Greater Manchester
Salary: £25,147 - £34,581 negotiable depending on experience
Job type: Full time - Permanent
The National Haemophilia Database (NHD) is a registry of people in the UK with all types of bleeding disorders. The database is held within the NHS and managed by the UK Haemophilia Centre Doctors' Organisation (UKHCDO). The NHD is at a transformation stage in its development and requires insight professionals to harness the wealth of data that is available to it.
The NHD has the richest data store for bleeding disorders in the world and are about to invest heavily in the infrastructure required to enhance the processing, accessibility and surfacing of that data.
We are looking for an individual to play a key role in the administration of general duties and data across its full lifecycle, from the collection of data through to the point of data exploitation that can make a real difference to the lives of people with bleeding disorders.
- You would be working with the UKs best clinical, scientific, and statistical capabilities in this sector, whilst managing a small team.
- Creation and maintenance of any necessary MS Excel spreadsheets and MS Access database, providing support to the Data Analytics Manager.
- Undertake analytical skills to support analysis such as producing tables, graphs etc. and running queries.
- Assisting with data quality, checking, and cleansing.
- Assisting in the collection, collation, and management of data, ensuring that it is accurate and up-to-date.
- Clearly defining stakeholder requirements for administration purposes to support data analysis.
- There will also be several general administrative responsibilities required by this role alongside the data analysis side of things.
The Ideal Candidate
- A degree in an analytical, technical, or mathematical discipline, backed up by additional and continual professional development.
- Excellent administrative skills and a good eye for detail. (2 + years recent administrative experience preferred but not essential)
- Proven IT, programming and mathematical skills, and an appreciation of how they are applied in the work environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including the need for careful analysis of data to produce clear findings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages, especially in Word, Excel and Access.
- Intermediate proficiency in SQL, Python, R or other modern coding.
- Experience in the automation of data workflows. Ideally, using a drag-and-drop visual analytics software (such as Alteryx, Knime or other industry software), to produce datasets and reports.
- Experience in supporting organisations fulfil its regulatory requirements in such areas as data quality and data security.
- Highly competitive contributory pension scheme with company contributions
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (+ 8 general and public holidays)
- Support for qualification development opportunities
- Flexible / hybrid working options to maintain work life balance
- Peninsula Employee Assistance programme
- Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Life Assurance 2 x salary
- Modern office facilities at Salford Quays
- A relaxed and friendly office environment
- Parking on site
- Main tram and bus routes stop outside office and connect to main railway hub stations.
And of course, you will be involved in high profile work providing professional development and ability to significantly impact on health and care services.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Data Analyst, Data Administrator, Commercial Analyst, Analyst, Information Analyst, Client Data Analyst, Apprentice Data Analyst, Data Administrator, Business Analyst, Business Analyst, SQL Analyst, Business Information Analyst, Data Handler, will all be considered.