Service Desk Analyst
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
- This post will be a member of the team responsible for providing a customer focussed and effective IT Helpdesk service for internal customers. The Helpdesk supports IT infrastructure and business systems, as well as audio-visual and digital interactive equipment within the public facing spaces (including galleries, learning spaces, lecture theatre and meeting rooms) across the Museum sites.
- Provide support for IT across the Museum, escalating issues to the IT Service Desk Manager as required.
- Troubleshoot IT related issues across the Museum, escalating issues to colleagues as appropriate.
- Carry-out minor repairs on IT equipment as necessary.
- Provide support for fixed-line and mobile telephony systems used across the Museum (e.g. Iphone, and Mitel IP Telephony).
- Configure, deploy and support PCs, laptops, Apple Macs, and tablet devices (including, but not restricted to iPads).
- Active Directory user and group administration.
- Office 365 and exchange online administration.
- Log, respond to and update IT Helpdesk calls and tickets.
- Keep documentation for all IT systems up-to-date.
- Support the delivery of IT projects as required.
- Carry-out computer data entry (e.g. creation of Purchase Orders via the Museum's Purchase to Pay system; updates to the Asset Database) as needed.
- Undertake any other relevant activities which fall under the general scope of this position as directed by the IT Service Desk Manager.
- Undertake any other relevant activities that are part of the IT function and general scope of this position as directed by the Deputy Head of Technology.
- Sustainability - ensure their ways of working meet the museums values around sustainability.
- Health and Safety - observe all Health and Safety rules and procedures as laid down and attend all relevant training as required.
- Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) - build a departmental culture which values and promotes a positive attitude to Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- Carry out any other duties when required.
Job Title: Service Desk Analyst
- Recent experience in a busy Helpdesk environment.
- Customer focussed with the ability to deliver a high quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with a calm, and polite manner.
- Ability to effectively engage and work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise work.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow procedures.
- Able to work under pressure dealing with simultaneous issues.
- Able to work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends).
- Working knowledge of PCs and Laptops with particular regard to Windows 10.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of office 365 and/or powershell.
- PC and laptop troubleshooting, installation and configuration, PC support skills.
- Proven experience or working with Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Knowledge of deployment tools.
- Understanding of network infrastructure, cabling and network printing systems in and enterprise environment.
- Familiarity and management of End Point Security tools.
- Experience providing 'remote-hands' support.
- MCSA certification in a relevant technology.
- ITIL v3 certification at Foundation level.
- Working knowledge of Apple Macs and Mac OS.
- Intune and Autopilot.
- Microsoft 365 ATP.
- Experience of Android and/or iOS device set-up and support.
- Experience in the maintenance of Dell PowerEdge or HP ProLiant based servers.
- Knowledge of Linux Operating Systems (Red Hat or Ubuntu preferred).
- Basic web content administration.
- Awareness of Health & Safety regulations and practise in the workplace.