Senior Enterprise Architect
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Enterprise Architect to join our forward thinking and progressive team based at Abbey Wood, Bristol, giving you a fantastic chance to take on a role as a key technology leader within the Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA).
You will be responsible for leading high-profile areas of our business technology. This includes leadership of SDAs technology approach including IT platform strategy and implementation, solution architecture and providing leadership in senior forums, such as our Technical Design Authority. To enable this, you will lead a small team of Solution Architects and Business Analysts.
You will need to be adept at managing multiple stakeholder relationships, as designs will require integration with solutions delivered across wider Defence. You will be able to develop and maintain relationships and reputation with a specialist stakeholder community, influencing them to align to a common architecture. This role is one of significant influence and requires an individual with the appetite for intellectual challenge and who is prepared to deliver leading edge technical solutions at pace.
To be successful as a Senior Enterprise Architect you must have recent demonstrable IT Senior Architect/IT Delivery experience at significant scale within a professional work environment.
Please note, due to the nature of work, the post is open to Sole UK Nationals only and the successful candidate will need to attain SC (Security Check) Clearance, with the potential for DV (Developed Vetting) in the future.
Please note that regular attendance to the Abbey Wood site will be required for this position with occasional travel to other UK MoD sites as well as potential international travel.
Whilst on site, you'll experience our impressive range of on-site facilities including a restaurant and coffee bistros and parking. Our sports facilities include a fully equipped gym and sports hall with bookable classes, as well as a squash court, tennis courts and a football pitch.
- Lead a small team of Business Analysts and Solutions Architects on projects to ensure high quality work is delivered that meets the needs of the business.
- Develop and exploit innovative products, value for money services and technical IT solutions to meet SDA business needs.
- Provide expert advice and guidance in the delivery of the IT Strategy and ensuring alignment with Business Strategies.
- Develop and present business cases and models for approval, to gain project funding and prioritisation.
- Ensure compliance between business strategies, enterprise transformation activities and technical directions, to ensure business needs are met and benefits are realised.
To be successful with your application, you'll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Experience in leading the design and implementation of IT Solutions, Architecture and Design.
- Experience of using Enterprise Architecture modelling
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Strategy, Architecture and Solution Design - Expert
- Development and Implementation - Practitioner
- Seeing the Bigger Picture - CSBC 4
- Communicating and Influencing - CSBC 3
- 25 days' annual leave +1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King's birthday
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27%
- Annual performance-based bonus and recognition awards
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications
- Support for progression
- Huge range of discounts
- Volunteering days
- Enhanced parental leave schemes
We believe in creating an inclusive environment where our people can grow, thrive, and be their authentic selves. We value diversity of thought and the ways in which it enriches our culture and our work. So whether you're looking for a new opportunity, a next step, or a helping hand as you return from a career break, here you'll find a supportive, family-friendly organisation to be a part of. And if you need any assistance with your application, just let us know.