Lead Test Planner
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are actively in pursuit of an accomplished Lead Test Planner, poised to play a pivotal role in advancing our Test Management realm.
This individual will be instrumental in orchestrating Powertrain Test Operations to facilitate short and long term forecast of test facilities and management of the fixed internal and external facilities under test to enable customer test activity across current and future programs.
Your mission? To adhere to and generate processes, risk assessments and future strategy plans to provide the quality, capability and capacity required, in a safe environment, within agreed timelines. It also involves devising streamlined processes and facilitating continuous improvement activities within EO10 in addition to proactively managing programme scheduling risks in order to ensure that productive output is maintained.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Work with internal customer groups to ensure adherence and produce test plan forecast for facilities
- Deliver annual and long-term budgeting through interrogation and management of customer requests
- Identify use case for future development of test facilities and reduce costs
- Produce and agree baseline plan for facilities
- Support delivery of test plan through effective scheduling onto test rigs (both internal / external)
- Monitor and report on adherence / conformity to synthetic timing in accordance with agreed schedules
- Monitor utilisation of external hire facilities and produce analytics
- Manage and foster development of directly reporting C-grade engineers
- Support internal process documentation maintenance and governance
- To support continuous improvement activity with the goal of improving test efficiency and/or product quality
- To support activities that result in a positive outcome from any audit, e.g., IATF TS16949, OHSAS18001, ISO 14001
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Long and short term test strategy development with a pragmatic approach
- Experience with project planning tools such as Wrike and data analysis using Tableau
- Awareness in managing budget and cost management techniques
- Managing employee(s) looking after day-to-day interactions and activities with the customer team
- Experience or qualification in Project planning, management and control
- Able to work independently, as well as achieve the full benefits of collective effort from a wider team
- Clear and confident communication with senior management team
- Ability to maintain focus under pressure with resilience and structured approach towards problem solving
- Proactive attitude and willingness to learn new systems and processes
- Ability to accurately and concisely present complex ideas or project issues to a diverse audience
- Customer-first attitude with a passion for continuous improvement
- Initiating ideas and solutions to save cost, time and effort of the wider business
- Ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience
- Comfortable Presenting at all levels of the business in various forums
- A full UK driving license
- Able to develop and maintain strong stakeholder/customer relationships both internally and externally