Lead Powertrain Project Engineer
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are actively in pursuit of an accomplished Lead Project Engineer, poised to play a pivotal role in advancing our Powertrain realm.
This individual will be instrumental in Powertrain Test Planning, to facilitate short and long term forecast of test facilities and management of the fixed internal and external facilities under test to enable customer test activity across current and future programs.
Your mission? Taking ownership of programme level strategy development, development of robust plans, co-ordination, reporting, governance (aligned to planning gateway and milestone timings) and control of work and team activity.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Create timing plans to co-ordinate build and infrastructure dependencies to support test plans
- Work with customer groups to ensure adherence and forecasts for build and test
- Conduct PDL (Programme Direction Letter) & Cycle plan analysis to determine test profile as part of the future technology roadmap
- Identify risks to timing plans which support mitigation activities
- Monitor and report on adherence / conformity to synthetic timing in accordance with agreed schedules
- To support continuous improvement activity with the goal of improving efficiency and/or product quality
- Undertake any other work as directed by the manager in connection with their job as may be requested
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Long and short-term strategy development with a pragmatic approach
- Experience with project planning tools
- Looking after day-to-day interactions and activities with the customer team
- Project planning, management and control experience and/or qualification
- Able to work independently, as well as achieve the full benefits of collective effort from a wider team
- Clear and confident communication with senior management team
- Ability to maintain focus under pressure with resilience and structured approach towards problem solving
- Proactive attitude and willingness to learn new systems and processes
- Ability to accurately and concisely present complex ideas or project issues to a diverse audience
- Customer-first attitude with a passion for continuous improvement
- Initiating ideas and solutions to save cost, time and effort of the wider business
- Ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience
- A full UK driving license with less than 6 penalty points, no disqualification