Senior Cost Engineering
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Vendor Tooling Department is a subdivision of the Cost Engineering function within the Finance Department and is responsible for ensuring the correct use of Jaguar Land Rover funds appertaining to all aspects of supplier-based tooling in line with product aspirations.
Cost Engineering is an exciting department that plays a key role in our business; it is driven by a passion to deliver profitable growth, by partnering the business in all our operational functions (principally Product Development, Advanced Product Creation, Finance and Purchasing).
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering ‘vendor tooling should cost' estimates for a specific sub-set of parts and vendor Tooling cost and content sign off.
- Influencing programme affordability by identifying & pursuing volume appropriate tooling solutions.
- Identifying and supporting the implementation of opportunities to reduce costs and influencing relevant programmes and commodity directions.
- Perform value for money cost analysis on component design changes - part and tooling and be a role model and inspire others to excel in professional behaviour and technical expertise.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
In order to be considered for this position it is advantageous to hold a formal qualification such as Degree within Engineering or any other relevant subjects.
The successful candidate needs to understand the principles and inputs into part cost; ability to manage, maintain and utilise data to support cost activities and good all-round knowledge of standard computer programmes.
- Tool Design knowledge and experience, preferably across multiple process technologies.
- Understand Tool & Component Design and production Process Manufacturing Experience.
- Effective cross-functional team working experience.
- Influencing skills to manage the activities with a good level of independence.