Cyber Security Manager
£70,000 - £75,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.Cyber Security Manager
£70,000 - £75,000 per annum
Company client partnered with a growing boutique business advisory firm that specialise in Cyber, Digital and Change services to assist in their hiring of a Cyber Manager.
Ideally the hire will be based in either Manchester or Leeds (or surrounding areas) and will be prepared to travel in this region on an ad-hoc basic.
The role is likely to pay circa £70,000 - £75,000 basic - with genuine progression, strong bonus opportunity and real independence.
This role would especially suit an existing Manager in a large professional services / Big-4 firm that would relish a contrasting culture that benefits from the lack of red tape, excessive processes and risk adverse approaches.
Breadth of work:
* Consultancy Services - contribute to the development and delivery of a diverse range of consultancy services to clients around the creation of new cyber products and services.
* New Technologies - helping the team to develop new technological solutions to enable clients to enhance their understanding of cyber risk or secure new business;
* Expert Insight - working with stakeholders to provide expert insight, translating Cyber Security concepts/ events into their implications for internal and external stakeholders;
* Thought Leadership - work with others to create market leading thought leadership on relevant Cyber Security concepts and their application to industry.
* To build effective working relationships within the team and other internal departments;
* To act as a point of contact within the department for specific tasks/processes;
* To ensure effective and structured verbal and written communication, with the ability to present information in a clear manner and contribute to meetings as required;
* To use best practices and knowledge to identify efficiencies and process improvements within projects assigned, and to solve problems as required;
* To be proactive in seeking opportunities to develop own experience and technical skills wherever possible;
* To work with minimal guidance; managing own workload, demonstrating effective prioritisation of tasks and providing regular progress updates against project plan;
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
* Knowledge of IT security fundamentals as well as frameworks, such as NIST and ISO27001;
* Experience of cyber consultancy in client facing roles;
* Capability to translate technical concepts for different internal and external stakeholders;
* Confidence presenting to senior stakeholders, both internally and externally;
* Experience working with Financial Services preferred;
* Good attention to detail;
* Personable, enthusiastic, ability to summarise and explain key drivers of complex situations in a clear and concise manner.
Education / Qualifications (preferred):
* University degree required in appropriate discipline at 2:1 or above. Cyber Security, STEM or Political Sciences associated disciplines are preferred;
* CISSP associate status/ equivalent preferred OR a willingness to complete the full qualification;
* Excellent IT skills, in particular, ability to present information clearly and effectively over MS PowerPoint or MS Word. Skills using MS Excel also preferred.