Data Analyst - London
City of London
The purpose of this position is to assist in the development and management of data provisioning initiatives. The Data Analyst will be assigned to the Data Management teams Transformation vice-presidency, but will work closely with the IT department and with business users across the Bank on a variety of digital transformation projects. These projects may cover new reporting initiatives, integration of new data sources, or data quality enhancement activities.
* This role will provide analytic support to business areas across the Bank in the implementation of automated reporting solutions promoting self-service that include integration of data visualisations to the Banks reporting architecture and portals.
* Provide guidance and technical support to business users on the Banks suite of data analysis tools including IBM Cognos, Alteryx Designer and Tableau toolkits.
* The role will liaise with colleagues in Data Management and IT to introduce new data elements to the Analyst Gateway as required
* Work with stakeholders and business SMEs to define standards and identify critical data elements that reflect business data needs.
* Perform data gap analysis and identify data management requirements to optimise data quality by working with the business stakeholders and IT.
* Support the business stakeholders in navigating the data governance processes from definition through to DataCom approval and implementation in the Banks data management toolset.
* Focus on data provisioning and tech-driven solutions, emphasizing the practical application of data rather than strict governance.
* Develop controls (tools, templates, and methodologies) to support the execution and implementation of data management processes and standards.
* Good skills in data manipulation, including SQL (ideally MS SQL Server, but transferrable skills in e.g. Oracle also suitable)
* Ideally, proven skills in Tableau and Cognos reporting tools, though again, experience with similar competitor tools may be transferrable.
* Skills in data management tools such as Alteryx Designer, Alteryx Server or Informatica Power Center an advantage
* Self-motivated, focused, detail-oriented and able to work efficiently to deadlines are essential.
* Ability to work with a degree of autonomy, but also a good team player.
Job ID: 3286204