This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Are you looking for an exciting digital role where you can make a difference as part of a supportive and innovative multi-disciplinary team?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join The Scottish Government in the Social Security Directorate as a Business Analyst helping to deliver vital public services for the people of Scotland.
The Social Security Scotland Directorate has been created to design and implement devolved benefits for Scotland, enabling the delivery of 16.5 million payments per year, to an estimated two million people.
This vacancy sits within the Programme Management and Delivery Division and will support our various teams within the programme.
Working with the latest tools, technologies and methodologies we aim to develop user-centred system, services and processes that build capability and enable the delivery of devolved benefits in Scotland.
About the role:
This post plays a key role in receiving direction from more senior BAs (task based delivery) but is responsible for the output. Has limited toolset and seldom works alone. Supports stakeholder relationship management.
As a Business Analyst you will:
- Engaging with stakeholders to build strong working relationships, working closely with the Operational lead to define an approach to meet the customer needs
- Delivering business analysis products (documentation) in accordance with project requirements, such as the development of associated business case
- Responsible for the preparing of options appraisals, impact assessments and benefits realisation
- Apply a range of techniques to establish and analyse the current state, as is, people, processes and technology in customer organisations and the relevant requirements likely to affect business change
- Support the identification of options to deliver enhanced outcomes for citizens and organisations through better use of technology
- Analyse the business impact of requirements and ensure that the business is prepared for the change
- Providing effective consultancy and advice to customers and stakeholders
Essential Digital Data and Technology (DDaT) knowledge:
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills working with key stakeholders in technical and business environments.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrable track record of business analysis in a digital/data, business or policy project environment.
Essential Competencies Required:
- Communication and Engagement
- Analysis and Use of Evidence
- Improving Performance
What we offer:
We offer meaningful careers, the chance to develop skills in an inclusive culture, and flexible working to support a healthy work-life balance.
Our benefits package includes:
- Competitive civil service salary and additional digital pay supplement of £5000 per year (after qualifying period of 3 months)
- Contributory pension package (employee contributions 5.45 - 7.35% employer contributions 27.1 - 27.9%)
- Generous leave allowance - 5 weeks, rising to 6 weeks after 4 years. In addition, the Scottish Government observes 11.5 days public and privilege holidays.
- Flexible working arrangements with the option to accrue additional days off.
- Hybrid working options with base locations in Edinburgh and Glasgow.
- Learning and development opportunities to help you reach your professional and personal potential.
- Career progression - join a well-established digital community with excellent opportunities for career advancement.
- Health and wellbeing support including 24 hour access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
- Employee discount scheme.
How to apply:
To apply for this position you will need to submit an application via our online application system by clicking the APPLY button.