This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
(2 positions available)
Are you looking for an exciting role where you can make a difference as part of a supportive and innovative multi-disciplinary team?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join The Scottish Government in the Social Security Directorate as a Product Coordinator helping to deliver vital benefits for the people of Scotland.
The Social Security Directorate has been created to design and implement devolved benefits for Scotland, enabling the delivery of 16.5 million payments per year, to an estimated two million people.
This vacancy sits within the Programme Management and Delivery Division and will support our various teams within the programme.
Working with the latest tools, technologies and methodologies we aim to develop user-centred system, services and processes that build capability and enable the delivery of devolved benefits in Scotland.
About the role:
This post plays a key role in supporting Product Owners and Technical Platform Owners in an Agile project management framework. They help to maintain plans, processes, progress and reporting for the delivery of individual social security benefits and/or supporting technology platforms.
A Product Coordinator is embedded in a multi-disciplinary team and responsible for reporting and analysis to support successful delivery across the Programme.
As a Product Coordinator you will:
- Analyse, develop and enhance master product plans, Risks - Assumptions - Issues - Dependencies (RAID) logs, resource plans and a variety of progress reports.
- Maintain, process & control documents that support product deliverables including plans, RAID logs, Agile backlog tracking & development, tests etc.
- Provide support to and maintain processes for Audit, Assurance or compliance related activities.
- Assist implementation of best practice by promoting the use of Programme & Project Management methodology.
- Assist Product or Technical Platform owners to plan, manage and report on all areas of delivery.
- Support the Programme Office to manage and report on plans, project deliveries, resources and budgets across the Programme.
- Carry out Secretariat duties for relevant Divisional & programme / project meetings: coordinate members, record agendas and papers, manage actions, analyse and report on outcomes.
- Comprehensive experience of identifying, sourcing and analysing information to produce concise, well-structured and accurate written and numeric work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills used to build good professional relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in supporting, and maintaining the governance for projects which are using project management methodologies such as Agile and Prince 2.
- Ability to manage time and ensure that project/process deadlines are met.
Essential Competencies Required:
- Communications and Engagement
- Analysis and Use of Evidence
- Improving Performance
What we offer:
We offer meaningful careers, the chance to develop skills in an inclusive culture, and flexible working to support a healthy work-life balance.
Our benefits package includes:
- Competitive civil service salary
- Contributory pension package (employee contributions 5.45 - 7.35% employer contributions 27.1 - 27.9%)
- Generous leave allowance - 5 weeks, rising to 6 weeks after 4 years. In addition, the Scottish Government observes 11.5 days public and privilege holidays.
- Flexible working arrangements with the option to accrue additional days off.
- Hybrid working options with base locations in Edinburgh and Glasgow.
- Learning and development and career progression opportunities, helping you reach your professional and personal potential.
- Health and wellbeing support including 24 hour access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
- Employee discount scheme.
How to apply:
To apply please submit a CV outlining your relevant skills and experience for the role (no more than 2 sides of A4) and a personal statement (of no more than 750 words). When considering how your experience relates to the role, please tailor your CV and personal statement to reflect the role and the essential skills/criteria as described in the job description/person specification.