Business Systems Analyst
Our Head Office department is located in the heart of Piccadilly and occupies the 5th & 6th floor of our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
Fortnum & Mason has undergone a fundamental and rapid shift in digital capability in the last few years and with an ambitious strategy to continue offering fantastic customer experiences & empowering colleagues, through better use of digital, technological and data innovations.
We're now looking for someone who wants to shape that transformation, taking on responsibility for the system and technical best-practice for the Fortnum and Mason environments.
Why work for us:
- You're naturally analytical, curious, and enjoy a technical challenge
- Wants to become an industry expert in the best-in-class use of digital technology and systems design, implementing new modules and improving existing processes
- Expert in the systems and applications which Fortnum & Mason has built its digital capability on - especially Microsoft Dynamics / D365, with a desire to build out our forecasting & replenishment digital twins and our PowerBI reporting and insight functions.
- Opportunity to progress through senior and lead BSA roles, with the opportunity to grow down managerial or technical specialism.
- From Day 1, working on delivering projects with significant strategic and commercial value to the business
- Great exposure to senior teams, including board and management committee, across many different departments, including commercial, operations, people, and international
- We're a small, inclusive, passionate team, which will give you responsibility and the space to innovate and shape the way the business runs
What the role does:
- Core Operational Improvement: provide in-depth knowledge of our core ERP platforms (Microsoft Dynamics 365 application and Magento) to support the smooth day-to-day operation of the business. Each BSA will develop functional expertise in some of our additional software and data systems, depending on the projects & teams they become involved with. The BSA team are experts on the integrations between our systems, and the smooth flow of information between them
- Digital Transformation: they will work closely with Business Analysts and other business stakeholders to advise on how we enable our commercial projects with data, systems and software.
- Development: collaboration with the developer team to define new functionality in Fortnum's applications, write functional specifications and test new releases
Key Role Accountabilities
- Responsible for identifying organisational need for new configuration, development within Fortnum's applications, preparing technical specifications where required, implementing, testing, and integrating new functionality.
- Get involved in a range of projects, throughout Operations, Commercial, International & Customer facing areas, and help design the ways in which Fortnum can develop systems & data to delivery new customer and colleague propositions.
- Building out solution architecture and system ecosystem diagrams, current and future, and assessing interfaces, data flows and links across our software. The Business Systems Analyst takes on ownership when scoping new software of how these would interact with existing systems and working with developers (internal and external) to visualise, write specifications for, and test those linkages.
- Monitor the Dynamics application ensuring the platform has good uptime and reliably delivers core functionality to users. Responsible for ensuring routine system backups are conducted and system upgrades or new application releases are planned, tested, and implemented smoothly.
- Provide a second line of day-to-day support for the more complex technical incidents and problems, principally relating to the Dynamics platform, working with the applications support service desk to investigate and resolve these sustainably.
- Maintain documentation of key databases and the applications linked to them.
People & Collaboration
- Work with Fortnum & Mason staff to resolve operationally impacting system issues, providing documentation and training when necessary.
- Liase with support partners and software suppliers when needed to fulfil the requirements of the organisation.
- Work closely with the Business Analysts and Architecture and Engineering team to identify and develop functionality changes.
- Help business users to understand how to use our systems, make the best of their functionality, and gain insight from the information they contain.
What we're looking for
- Proven experience of working as a Business Systems Analyst preferably within a relevant sector (Retail, Logistics, Grocery or Operations)
- Demonstrable experience of the Microsoft Dynamics platform, ideally within the Retail sector (formal certification advantageous)
- Can demonstrate extensive experience in application support for business users
- Experience in a technical role in projects implementing new software systems or integration programmes (desirable)
- Evidence of pulling, manipulating and presenting data from data lakes/warehouses, encompassing a range of operational, commercial and customer spaces, with examples of how this was used to drive business decision making and give insight (essential)
- Microsoft D365 application knowledge and skills (desirable)
- Power BI or other dashboarding/information presentations competencies (desirable)
- Magento and/or web platform knowledge and skills (optional)
- Development experience (any coding language) (optional)
- ML/AI/big-data manipulation experience or interest in learning (optional)
Behaviours & Skills:
- Analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Systematic approach to identifying faults and pursuing paths to resolution
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and customer expectations
- Prioritisation skills with the ability to manage workload
- Team player
- Self-driven and assertive
- Proactively takes responsibility, owns any issues arising and follows through to resolution
- Outcome-focused and driving results
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, with the ability to modify messages to technical and non-technical audiences
- Enjoys bringing simplicity to concepts and encouraging that in others
- Works at pace, but with accuracy and attention to detail
- A competitive salary
- A generous store and restaurant discount of up to 40%
- 28 days holidays pro rata (inc. bank holidays) and an extra day off for your birthday
- A fantastic subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum's ingredients
- A range of opportunities to develop and grow personally and professionally
- Excellent pension scheme
Job ID: 3286118