Digital Transformation Manager (Supply Chain and Ops)
Our Head Office department is located in the heart of Piccadilly and occupies the 5th & 6th floor of our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
Fortnum & Mason has undergone a fundamental and rapid shift in digital capability in the last few years and with an ambitious strategy to continue offering fantastic customer experiences & empowering colleagues, through better use of digital, technological and data innovations.
We're now looking for someone who wants to shape that transformation, taking on responsibilities including:
- Digital transformation of assigned Operations and Supply Chain topics within the Operations, Commercial & International team
- Ensure appropriate technology support is in place for assigned business areas
- Shape and lead a portfolio of projects and change initiatives to improve our operations, logistics & international supply chain network
Why work for us?
- You want your projects to have immediate and lasting impact
- Fantastic brand and heritage, but a lot of exciting technological change and growth ahead
- Investigating, valuing and prioritising new opportunities for improvement is something you enjoy
- Great exposure to senior teams, including board and management committee, across many different departments, including commercial, operations, people, and international retail
- We're a small, inclusive, passionate team, which will give you responsibility and the space to innovate and shape the way the business runs
What you will be doing:
- Strong business partnership to Logistics, Operational & International function, understanding the business goals and ensuring digital transformation aspects of their strategy are driven forward.
- Working in partnership with assigned business leaders, develop and manage a prioritised portfolio of transformation initiatives (strategic, compliance and CI/BAU)
- Select and manage 3rd parties to provide advice and assess for their digital offerings on relevant solutions
What we're looking for:
- We expect the successful candidate to have the following skills and experience:
- Experience and strong knowledge of logistics, operations, supply-chain and fulfilment, preferably in an international business
- Experience of contributing to the development and execution of a multi-year business strategy
- Ability to make strategic, change and operational decisions, based on strategic insight, financial acumen, sound logic and rationale, as well as the ability to simplify complexity and focus on outcomes.
- Willing to get stuck into technical detail and out into the operations, taking a hands-on approach, as well as bringing analytical and data-driven insight.
- Strategic and creative thinker, with strong leadership and people skills. Can demonstrate evidence of vision-setting and leadership with a team, whether or not through formal management experience.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to challenge, build credibility with a wide range of audiences and work with integrity at all times
- Capable of working with ambiguity and sourcing innovative and creative solutions, with limited resources and budget.
- Flexible and responsive in remit to the business needs - happy to get stuck in wherever the most opportunity presents itself, regardless of formal lines of responsibility
- Tenacious, analytical and resilient - demonstrable track record in adapting to changing priorities and a fast moving environment. Embraces change and enjoys new challenges.
- Capable of working successfully in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment, whilst respecting the legacy and history of a brand and 316-year-old family business.
- D365 and Power BI familiarity strongly desirable; specific examples of other technical exposure to planning, accounting, and enterprise software & reporting tools would be advantageous.
- Experience with implementation programmes in digital systems would be an asset.
- A competitive salary
- A generous store and restaurant discount of up to 40%
- 28 days holidays pro rata (inc. bank holidays) and an extra day off for your birthday
- A fantastic subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum's ingredients
- A range of opportunities to develop and grow personally and professionally
- Excellent pension scheme
Job ID: 3286111